Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Reactor Energy Generation Changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2007 :  22:40:26  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=411341#4562029

Reactors are being changed to accommodate a previous bug with Reverse Engineering 7 and 8 loot drops. We'd like you folks to check out these changes and let us know what you think!

Here are all the new reactor loot drops.

What this chart shows is the Reverse Engineering level at the bottom and the new reactor energy generation values. As you can tell, the low-end reactors are unchanged. At Reverse Engineering 4, the reactors begin to be increased over their current values. The highest they reach are average values of 32000 for RE 10 reactors.

The loot system drops within a bell curve range. Here is the chart for a 32000 energy generation reactor for 1000 loot drops.

On the low end, a low loot drop roll will drop at around 16000 energy generation (1 out of a thousand).

On the high end, a high loot drop roll will drop at around 47000 energy generation (1 out of a thousand).

The majority of loot drops will roll around 25000 to 40000 energy generation.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2007 :  22:41:13  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

Q: Aww, ok, but please, take the credit for a good idea (although you missed one reactor, which I guess is why you don't want to discuss it yet)

A: Yeah, QA has already assigned a bug to me on that reactor. I'll fix it soon.

Reactor: Mustafar looted reactor schematic increase of energy generation from 12625..17080 to 16625..21250

Q: Red-Dwarf was, I think, referring to the masses of these reactors, Hanse.

A: I didn't change the mass values. Please feel free to discuss them.

Q: The gen curve looks nice. What does the mass curve look like for these new drops?

A: These are not new. These are the existing loot drops available to you, but with higher energy generation.

Q: Okay, after a brief discussion with two other pilots (as in, we just spoke on MSN Messenger), we're not sure the increase in reactor gen to dramatic levels should start quite so low.

One of our pilots, for example, has a 2.5k mass L5 reactor. With this system, it'd be possible to get 20k+ gen on it if he's patient (judging from the posted info from TC, anyways). That's a dramatic step up in generation over a 2k mass L3 reactor at, with a very good drop, 15k gen--especially when outfitting an interceptor like an A-wing or TIE Advanced.

I'm not crying nerf or anything; I'm just wondering what other pilots think about where the curve starts. Incidently, I think the higher-end reactors are *great* with this curve.

Q: Sounds like I'll be flying an interceptor along with everyone after this change hits live. If mass is no longer a concern, hitbox size will be THE deciding factor in pvp. Sounds very boring.

A: The alternative to this fix is to retroactively nerf all the old 7 and 8 reactors with too high of a generation rate. Folks would scream bloody murder over that, since they've been in as a bug ever since JTL launched. This is the compromise.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,08 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000