Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Chapter 6: Combat Changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  22:46:40  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=318320

Chapter 6: Combat Changes

There have been significant changes to the internal workings of our combat engine. Game play for the end user should remain unchanged, but some new results are possible once you pull the trigger.

New Values: Miss, Dodge, Block, Parry, Strikethrough, Evasion and Punishing Blow

Miss

• NPCs and players with ranged weapons in Auto-Aim mode have a base 5% chance to miss their target. Factors such as debuffs and movement increase the player’s chance to miss. Buffs and the strength stat reduce the chance to miss.
• The base miss chance for melee and Manual-Aim mode is 0%.

Dodge

• Dodge is a defender attribute that gives a chance to avoid incoming damage. On a successful roll, the attack will be treated as a miss and no damage will be applied.

Block

• Block is a defender attribute that has a chance to mitigate additional damage based on the defender’s block score. Block mitigation is applied after armor so it is possible to reduce incoming damage to 0 with a high enough Block Value.

Parry

• Parry is a melee defender attribute that will allow the defender to negate a successful attack. Normal parry can only block other melee attacks though Lightsaber weapons can parry ranged attacks as well.

Strikethrough

• Strikethrough is a type of critical which instead of adding damage will bypass a % of your target’s armor. Strikethrough amount is based on the attacker’s Strikethrough Value.

Evasion

• Evasion is a defender attribute that will allow the target to avoid a % of damage from an Area Effect attack. The amount of % evaded is determined by the defender’s Evasion Value.

Punishing Blow

• A punishing blow is a type of critical only available to NPCs that do 150% damage. Elite and Boss category NPCs (as well as those higher level than the player), can land a punishing blow.

Updated Values: Glancing Blow, Devastation, Heavy Weapons, PvP Damage Reduction

Glancing Blows

• The damage reduction from a glancing blow has been reduced from 96% to 60%. In addition, Elite and Boss category NPCs (as well as those higher level than the player), have a natural chance to receive a glancing blow.

Devastation

• The Commando heavy weapon attribute Devastation damage bonus has been reduced from 200% to 150%.

Heavy Weapons

• Base Heavy Weapon damage has been reduced from 115% to 100%.

PvP Damage Reduction

• The Player vs. Player damage reduction has been reduced from 25% to 0%.

Direct Target vs. Area Effect Combat Results

• Hit Types for a direct target attack are Miss, Dodge, Parry, Block, Glancing, Hit, Strikethrough, Critical, and Punishing Blow.
• Hit Types for Area Effect attacks are Glancing, Block, Evade, Critical and Punishing Blow.
• Note that most Heavy Weapons are treated as Area Effect attacks.

Player Attributes

• The way in which player attributes feed into the combat formula has been altered.
• Stamina & Constitution remain unchanged.
• Precision: Affects Parry, Block Chance, Critical Hit Chance and Strikethrough Chance.
• Agility: Affects Dodge, Parry and Evasion Chance
• Strength: Affects Block Chance, Block Value, Hit Chance, and adds a damage bonus to melee attacks.
• Luck: Affects Dodge Chance, Evasion Chance, Evasion Value, Critical Hit Chance, Strikethrough Chance and Strikethrough Value.

NPC Combat

• Creature type NPCs now have the ability to perform special attacks.
• NPCs will now be less inclined to leave the area while fighting indoors.
• The idle time between decisions for NPCs has been removed.

NPC Statistics

• Normal class NPCs above level 10 have gained an Armor Rating.
• The Armor Rating gain scale for Elite and Boss class NPCs has been increased.
• The Damage Value gain scale for Normal, Elite and Boss class NPCs has been increased.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 02/05/2007 12:18:05

Miky

947 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  07:44:59  Show Profile Send Miky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mnam, uz se to vraci.

Wyndia Creel - Tarkin server

Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  08:45:25  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=45&topic_id=318320#3557522

A: If you have been playing on Test since we pushed C6 there then you have been playing with these changes. A set of tuning to creatures, punishing blows etc should go out to TC tommorrow.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=60&topic_id=318320#3557970

Q: isn't it interesting how the answer to the combat problem is not to simply fix the problem, but to always introduce a new system all together? At this rate, whatever system we have will be working about 50% of the time, an a year down they road they will say, "this is not working, we could fix it...but meh, lets just have another CU to fix it all." There is no hope for this game because SOE's answer to a problem is not a fix, but a new system, and a new system will always have problems, it's a cycle that seems fairly obvious...to the peeps who pay their money, yet less obvious to the peeps who run the show. Have you not lost enough subscibers to take the hint that having a totally different game every 6 months is not the answer?

A: Few things:
Just adding some of the stats we made for the beast system to the players, extra variety and flavor is always good. Yes we know Melee combat is harder than ranged combat, ie Jedi. We will try a few things for them, first up is the saber block working in melee combat. Raise your hand if you were surprised JackGil stopped by to throw hate on yet another Dev post, I for one was shocked.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=90&topic_id=318320#3558517

A: Actually Saber Block already works against melee attacks. The overall effectivness of SB has been lowered though the avoidence provided is still substantial. In the next update the parry animation will play when you parry a ranged attack.

As for punishing blows, they are listed at 150% in the guide but they are currently 300% on TC. They will be 150% in the next update.

The # to % on most stats is 100 down from 135, the cost of a skill point from luck varies between skills since it hits so many of them.

The old SEA's do not work and there are no attachments yet. These were beast skills rolled into the combat engine so the itemization will need to follow. Soon hopefully, though later.

As for NPC balance the Gain scale for Armor was reduced slightly and the gain on damage was tapered off a bit at the high end. that change with the punishing blow reduction should allow you to survive more hits vs those big creatures.

Global attack speed for NPC's was reduced from 1.5 second to 2.0. This will give the player a little more time to react between actions.

Some of the overland elites on mustafar were reduced to normal difficulty, we don't want them to interfere with questing and we hope the changes allow for normal mobs to provide an appropriate challenge for solo players.

Somone is looking into NPC's shooting through walls, I have no info on their progress.

And finally, we reduced the Agro and Assist ranges on NPC's in dungeons. Hopefully this will result in fewer 3 room pulls in the DWB.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=105&topic_id=318320#3558707

Q: can you be more specific on these shadowbrak? and if saberblock is already doing melee and ranged then its not enough, cause we have been telling you for a few days that it is an issue.

A: Saber block on my test character increases my parry by 21%. It won't be in time for chapter 6 release but getting the stat #'s on the character sheet is high on the to do list.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=135&topic_id=318320#3559379

Q: You added melee to saber block to help Jedi in PvE..........then reduced it's effectiveness to futher gimp us in PvP? So now Jedi vs Jedi PvP will last forever.....lol

A: With only three results before the cheks were done on three seperate rolls. So Saber Blocks 85% was an absolute value, it would block 85% of the attacks regardless of the glancing or critical result. With the new hit engine all of the result types are compounded into a single roll and as a result your avoidance stats now stack. My saber block might only be +21% but that is added to their 5% miss, my 11% dodge and my 13% parry for a total of 50% avoidance. If saber block had remained unchanged it would easily raise me above 100% damage avoidance, and that is a bit much.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 02/05/2007 08:48:10
Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:28:38  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
inak som zvedavy aku marketingovu skratku tomuto vymyslia...CU a NGE tu uz bolo

(Omnius Evermind)

Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  15:57:15  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=165&topic_id=318320#3561204

(c) BadgerSmaker

(Omnius Evermind)

Edited by - robiwan on 02/05/2007 15:58:23
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,07 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000