Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Producer Note (06.11.2008): Hoth, Holo, Life Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  08:36:02  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Producer Note (06.11.2008): Hoth, Hologram, Life Day

Hello boys and girls,

I hope you have all been enjoying the Galactic Moon Festival. It was certainly fun to put together and we already have some great ideas on how to expand the event next year! It's been great on this end to see all the different creative ways that the decorations were put to use in the player houses / guild halls.

Of course the big news of late is the Imperial portion of The Battle of Echo Base hitting TCPrime. We appreciate all your testing and feedback on the instance. It was a huge undertaking, bigger than any of us initially anticipated, and we've been really pleased with the warm reception it received. Bug fixing and tuning continues to go well and the Rebel portion of the battle should be up on TCPrime before the end of the day today. I don't have a specific launch date to share for Hoth as a whole though it shouldn't be too far off. Things are looking great; we just want to be sure that the release is as high quality as possible. I do have a couple of things to mention based on the feedback given thus far...

1. The Battle of Echo Base Hologram - There has been a lot of displeasure over the fact that loyal subscribers cannot receive this reward. To help alleviate this we will be altering the item to make it tradable. Furthermore, we intend to make any decorative recapture gifts that come up in the future tradable as well. This keeps the reward enticing to those who may want to return yet it doesn't shut loyal players out from the possibility of ever attaining one.

2. Echo Base Difficulty - There have been reports that the Imperial portion of the Echo Base heroic is too easy. We beg to differ as the logs haven't shown us anybody who has received a flawless victory (or even a "pretty good" victory). Remember, this encounter is bound by the realities of the film. The Imperials always win and the Rebels always lose. Victory in this instance comes in the form of how mercilessly you defeat the Rebels or how much equipment and personnel you manage to evacuate before the Imperials overrun the base. A player with a flawless victory will receive NINE tokens, three for each portion of the battle (battlefield, base interior, and evacuation area). We've seen folks post that the encounter is too easy, yet they only earned one token. Those folks need to keep practicing. For those that do get a flawless victory, you will be awarded a badge and title for your achievement.

In other big news since my last Producer's Note, LucasArts and BioWare have announced Star Wars: The Old Republic. I wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate what has already been said by SOE and LucasArts; there are no current plans to shut down Star Wars Galaxies. In fact, SOE has never shut down an MMO. The SWG team remains committed to delivering you high quality updates well into the foreseeable future. We already have rough ideas for what our content will be throughout 2009.

For the TCG fans out there SOE Denver has another Promo Drop Weekend scheduled for you this weekend. In response to player feedback, we have raised the drop rate of the promo card for this and future promo weekends. While the promo cards won't ever be common, per se, we hope that this gives more players the chance to find these exciting items.

The next update on the horizon is our release of Life Day this December. The giant wroshyr trees will be back, this time in Dearic (Talus), Doaba Goerfel (Corellia), and Wayfar (Tatooine). We have a lot of neat gifts planned for that event, many inspired by the Star Wars Holiday Special. We will also have a new speeder for those that take part in one of our Life Day events.

Finally, I wanted to clarify something about Free CTS and House Pack-Up. The reason that we intend to launch Free CTS before the House Pack-Up event is because we want the people who transfer to be able to participate in this fun (and useful) event on their new server. We want to give everybody on each server, freshly transferred and otherwise, to have a fair shot at any prime real estate that may be opening up.

I hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving!

-Dotanuki

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  08:36:22  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otazky a odpovede:

Q: # ETA on WAMPAFUNLAND?
# Will I get a WAMPA?
# Why not just make the holo a collection reward? Seriously, I see no other reason other than the "because I said so mentality" for it not being added for everyone.
# As far as the TCG goes....it needs lota help...I think this is the only time I want something pushed out before it has been tested, bring on the next expansion please; and let us gameplay the set so we do not have to spend $300 to do it. It is incredibly obvious the initial set was not properly playtested.
# The 30day free activation has made the up-coming house pack up not as great as it oculd have been. can we get this house pack up thingy to be a constant gamepla mechanic? Or just allow a mayor to pack up a citizens house, and have it go in the owners datapad?

A: Wampa Fun Land will be out when it's ready. It's almost ready.

We can't promise that you will get a wampa but that possibility may exist in Hoth somewhere...

Q: Interesting, why no Life Day celebrations on Kashyyyk? It is the Wookiee homeworld afterall, it was good to see the celebration there last year since it made sense...

A: We considered this but opted to put Life Day on planets that we are sure everybody has (Kashyyyk is part of Rage of the Wookiees).

Q: Thanks for the update and communication.

Two quick points about the parts I've quoted. Considering the severe server lag that is seen on most all servers in and around Doaba Goerful, how and why was this chosen over Kachiro? Most servers see DF as Heavy or Extremely Heavy without the additional draw of an Event. I really would like to see this reconsidered or do you plan to address the server lag in that area prior to this event happening? As for the speeder portion, hopefully this isn't a reskinned version of something we already have and hopefully will be the first non-paid expansion vehicle capable of holding a full group of eight player. Also, will the addition of yet another reward or gift vehicle come with an increase to our datapad for holding these or will some of us get caught needing to delete previous gifts and rewards?

House Pack Up... Could you shed some light on why there is such an adamant refusal to establish this as an on-going system so that it doesn't have a negative impact on the entire Player City system? Also knowing that nothing is set in stone, will the Free Transfers and the Pack Up event happen pre or post GU 6?

A: With Hoth as large as it is, it has required that we do some server optimization. Hopefully the lag has been taken care of by this.

We chose DG because folks asked us at Fan Faire, "Why don't you do anything in the cool, lesser used cities like DG?"

The speeder is all new. It will not hold more than one character.

No, we have not implemented a datapad expansion.

Q: Dotanuki, since you are doing gifts from the Holiday Special can I please have a vendor of Bea Arthur that I can do with as I see fit

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/12-02/ackmena.jpg

A: I won't confirm whether it's Ackmena or not, but we do have a vendor from the Holiday Special!

Q: While I'm glad we'll see a totally new speeder, it being limited to a single seater is depressing. The Desert Skiff that was offered as a pre-order only item is currently the only vehicle in-game capable of holding an eight person group. Many of us would like to see this addressed at some point.

As for the vehicle limits, current we're able to hold fifteen different vehicles and or mounts. With the additional vehicles added in via the loot in the TCG, we're at fifteen vehicles now without even looking at mounts. This Life Day Speeder will be our sixteenth one forcing us to either pass it up or delete a vehicle that we have no way of getting back. I don't see why we're going to be asked to delete something that was either an expansion purchase reward, quest reward or gift for an event. Please consider either increasing that limit either as a flat out increase or even a collection. Our datapad has no room before looking at any crafted vehicles or this new one.

A: We will consider adding another large passenger capacity vehicle some time in the future.

We will consider the datapad expansion as well.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,08 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000