Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Producer Note (31.08.2007): Chapter 7 a ine...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  12:27:54  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[b]Producer Note - August 31st, 2007[b]

Hi Folks,

It has been a bit since my last producer note so I wanted to catch people up a bit on where things are at these days. The team has been banging away on Chapter 7 for awhile now and things are looking fantastic at this point. I actually believe the collection system will be the sleeper hit of this chapter. Just looking at the badge collection alone was very cool, not to mention the scads of other new collections we have added. I am sure that folks are going to love the new rewards from the collections as well...There are definitely a number of cool ones. I also tested the Heroic IG-88 encounter and that was pretty smokin'...He's a pretty big guy SMILEY;-). We have about three more weeks of implementation before the chapter will hit the TC's.

Today we also announced the new Warden program. I am pretty jazzed about this, as it is the most direct approach to combating credit spammers ever attempted. Please be sure to read the Announcement about this to get all the details. it will take a little while to scale up, but I think that it will put a major dent in the spammers on live once it hits its stride. DevH did his typical thorough job on this feature and I am very confident in its functionality.

We moved the Imperial Themepark revamp out to test yesterday and folks have been hammering away at it. So far it seems to be testing well, although we have spotted a few glitches here and there. Those have been addressed pretty quickly and I feel confident that we should be able to move this live by the end of next week. We also added some fixes and refinements to mines based in large part on a very lively discussion of the subject at Fan Faire. I really like it when we can react quickly to this type of direct feedback from the players and Blix really got down into that system and made it a lot tighter and more fair.

Thats it for now...I hope everyone has a great long weekend (for those folks overseas, we celebrate Labor Day on Monday here in the States). Hope folks find time to hit the Test Center and help us make sure the new features and fixes are solid before going live.

DeadMeat

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  12:28:34  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

Q: I was amazed to see the mine fix in already, no more people dropping mines in PvP while your shooting at them! Yay! Good to see the devs really listened to us at Fan Faire, any idea if the X Y Z axis problem on the mines I brought up at Fan Faire is going to be fixed DM?

A: That would involve areas of the code that are more fundamental then just mines, so I don't think that problem is addressed here...But I remember that discussion well. We will see if we can address the axis problem once we get C7 to test.

Q: So can you answer me one thing. Will these heroic encounters take more than an ofternoon to finish? I don't want to knock these all out in a week and then be out of stuff to do for the next 6 months.

A: Actually the encounters are not meant to take that long...But we suspect that they will take awhile to complete successfully. We expect folks to die a lot... They are definitely meant to be repeated though, since you will want to get the loot you can secure by completing Heroic encounters.

Q: Thanks for the update DM. Wanna let us know what kind of loot/items we can expect to see in the new Heroic encounters?

A: eh...Yep...They are the awesome kind.

Q: I do hope that you and/or CS do an extensive search on the players before you give the powers to basically mute people. There are always people who will act all nice to get what they wanted, then turn into complete asshats with power overload once they have it. That is the only thing that worries me about the program.

A: That is why we are keeping the number low, inviting folks that we already know the character of, and being picky about who we give the power to. With the constant reviewing of uses of the power by CS, and the fact that identifying spammers is pretty straightforward (CS will have the chat logs when they get the report of warden power usage) we don't see a lot of gray area here. People that misuse the power will do it only once.

Still it is my main concern and why we are being so careful with the program.

Q: Spamming or Advertising external websites is easy enough to grasp, but how about those that will most likely take to emailing random people in game (as in other games). Especially once they can no longer spam spatial. Should these be reported through nomral means?

A: Definitely...We have some more tools in the works as well. The best line of defense is always depth.

Q: Hey DM, thanks for the update! The warden system sounds awesome. Hopefully you will publicize some of the wardens so we know who to send a /tell to when we see spammers. I definitely want to be around when one is silenced!

On the topic of collections, specifically the storage increase rewards, have you guys done any kind of internal testing on how long it takes a house to load with many items in it? I'm a serious pack-rat and I'd love to consolidate my many storage houses & factories, but I'm pretty worried about how long my Bothan will have to look at an empty house before the server gets done loading 2000 items.

A: I hear you there. We have increased the theoretical limit at this point, but the first few rewards will be fairly modest in their increase. How much extra space we actually allow in the end will come from extensive testing. We have done a fair amount already.

Q: Good. Even 600 items already takes quite some time to load. When speaking about items, any chance we could place them on balconys? They would still only load when youre inside the building.

A: Heh...Yeah, we had this discussion at Fan Faire as well. There is really no good way to do this that would not have the potential for serious slowdown as well as mighty shenanigans.

Q: DM, When will potential candidates find out if they were selected for the warden program? When Ch 7 comes out? Ch 8? The standard SOON answer?

A: We will let folks know as we scale up the program on as as needed basis. There is no date that we will be starting to recruit Wardens, but certainly some will be recruited in the next few weeks.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,07 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000