Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Species Traits and Origins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2007 :  07:33:35  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Species Traits

When Blix and the gang returned from the celebration summit a month or so ago, as usual he had his Big List O' Stuff comprised of the attendees comments, top issues and suggestions about the game.

One of the things on that list pointed out the lack of species differentiation. It just so happened that this was something I had personally been thinking about, and I wasn't happy with the state of it either. So I proposed a plan, he concurred with it and he carved out some time for me to revisit species traits.

So what follows is a comprehensive look at what's coming very soon:

Species Traits

In order to further differentiate species a number of new special abilities, skill bonuses and base statistic modifiers have been added.

-All species have received a combat oriented special ability. The reuse time these abilities are currently ten minutes.
-All species have received a trader specialization, if they lacked one previously.
-All species have received a non-trader bonus or specialization, if they lacked one previously.
-All species have received an additional 200 points worth of stat mods. This is in addition to class specific base stat mods, which have also changed from the standard across the board +90's at level 90. These are discussed below the upcoming section.

Human Species Traits

Human Authority: You take charge of the situation granting your group mates and you a damage bonus.

+10 Group Buff Duration
+15 Artisan Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+50 Precision
+50 Strength
+50 Stamina
+50 Agility

Wookiee Species Traits

Wookiee Roar: You let loose with a ferocious roar that is absolutely terrifying. The attack bypasses all opponent defenses, inflicts harm, partially paralyzes and reduces the combat effectiveness of all enemies around you.

+ 3 Creature Knowledge
+10 Chef Assembly
+5 Chef Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+10 Precision
+85 Strength
+85 Constitution
+40 Stamina

Rodian Species Traits

Hunter's Tenacity: You focus your determination reducing all action costs for a period of time.

+3 Droid Tracks (Bounty Hunter)
+10 Weapon Assembly
+5 Weapons Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+80 Precision
+20 Stamina
+80 Agility
+20 Luck

Bothan Species Traits

Blend-In: You blend in with your immediate surroundings, becoming almost undetectable. Though you can creep about slowly any posture changes, such as sitting or kneeling, will reveal your presence.

+15 Camouflage
+10 Clothing Assembly
+5 Clothing Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+65 Precision
+25 Constitution
+50 Agility
+60 Luck

Mon Calamari Species Traits

It's a Trap!: Through analysis of your opponent's strengths and weakness you determine a counter-strategy to increase your odds of defeating them. You unleash a cunning area attack that bypasses all opponent defenses, increasing their chance to be critically hit and decreasing the effectiveness of their attack.

+10 Pilot Special Tactics
+10 Weapon Assembly
+10 Structure Assembly
+5 Structure Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+60 Precision
+40 Constitution
+60 Stamina
+40 Luck

Trandoshan Species Traits

Regeneration: You activate your astonishing powers of regeneration to heal 20 Health per level every second for several seconds.

+3% Unarmed (Knuckler type) Weapon Damage
+10 (+35 total) Creature Harvesting
+10 Armor Assembly
+5 Armor Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+50 Strength
+65 Constitution
+65 Stamina
+20 Agility

Twilek Species Traits

Footwork: By focusing your efforts and recalling memories of past combats, you greatly increase your ability to anticipate and dodge enemy attacks

+3 Minutes per Tick Inspiration Duration Increase
+500 Vendor Item Limit

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+40 Precision
+60 Stamina
+60 Agility
+40 Luck

Zabrak Species Traits

Equilibrium: You perform an astonishing feat of sheer will, drawing upon your inner reserves to push yourself to the limits of endurance and restore balance to your body in the face of exhaustion. When used you will heal 40 points of health and action per level.

Reduced incapacitation and weakness timers.
+10 Droid Assembly
+5 Droid Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+50 Precision
+50 Strength
+50 Constitution
+50 Agility

Ithorian Species Traits

Balance: You focus your efforts and take up an extremely stable combat stance greatly increasing your ability to block attacks. The amount of damage you prevent while blocking is also increased by 11 to 12 points per level.

+3% Ship Weapon Damage
+10 Chassis, Power Systems, Shields and Advanced Ship Assembly
+5 Chassis, Power Systems, Shields and Advanced Ship Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+40 Precision
+60 Strength
+70 Stamina
+30 Luck

Sullustan Species Traits

Tech Knowledge: You focus your keen powers of observation to determine the optimum spot to attack an opponent, greatly increasing your chance for a critical hit.

Reduced Hyperspace Navigation times.
+10 Engine, Booster, Ship Weapons Assembly
+5 Engine, Booster, Ship Weapons Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90
+40 Strength
+60 Constitution
+60 Agility
+40 Luck

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 23/06/2007 02:24:17

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2007 :  07:34:12  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Class Base Statistics

In order to offer further class differentiation we've made several improvements to the rate of gain and the final values of a character's base statistics (Strength, Precision, Agility, Stamina, Constitution and Luck). This replaces the across the board final +90 to Strength, Precision, Agility and Luck that all players currently receive. In addition when your character levels up, you will receive a detailed update on your total stat gains.

The following are the base statistics for each class. Note these values are added to the character's species statistic bonuses which are covered above. Also note that the total number of base stat points has not changed and all classes continue to get 360 points spread between the stats.

Smuggler Base Statistics
+120 Luck
+20 Precision
+20 Strength
+70 Constitution
+30 Stamina
+100 Agility

Officer Base Statistics
+20 Luck
+70 Precision
+50 Strength
+80 Constitution
+80 Stamina
+60 Agility

Commando Base Statistics
+60 Luck
+120 Precision
+120 Strength
+60 Constitution
+0 Stamina
+0 Agility

Jedi Base Statistics
+30 Luck
+30 Precision
+100 Strength
+40 Constitution
+40 Stamina
+120 Agility

Spy Base Statistics
+40 Luck
+50 Precision
+50 Strength
+80 Constitution
+40 Stamina
+100 Agility

Medic Base Statistics
+80 Luck
+50 Precision
+50 Strength
+60 Constitution
+120 Stamina
+0 Agility

Entertainer Base Statistics
+80 Luck
+0 Precision
+0 Strength
+40 Constitution
+120 Stamina
+120 Agility

Bounty Hunter Base Statistics
+20 Luck
+60 Precision
+40 Strength
+80 Constitution
+80 Stamina
+80 Agility

Trader Base Statistics
+90 Luck
+90 Precision
+90 Strength
+90 Agility
+0 Constitution
+0 Stamina

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2007 :  07:35:12  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Origins

So after much internal discussion based on all the feedback from this thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=375011

we've decided change directions a little bit.

We realize a lot of you would want a species respec but it's not going to happen. It's a non-trivial technological hurdle firstly. Secondly, many of us are just plain philosophically opposed to the idea. If you shave a Wookiee and give it blue contact lenses you still have a Wookiee.

The other large bone of contention is from Traders who may or may not have chosen their race based on certain crafting bonuses in the past. Had they known that X-species would have had a good bonus to X-craft they would have chosen that species instead.

And yes, we also understand you don't want JTL bonuses too so expect the removal of all of those.

So based on this feedback we have decided to take a different approach. We will allow everyone to select a background based on an Origin. So essentially you could have been raised by Wookiees, or learned to fight from Trandoshans and went to school on Bothawui.

The end result is you will have a choice in what you get based on your origins. So all existing species mods will go away and you will choose the ones that suit your character.

(Omnius Evermind)

Edited by - robiwan on 23/06/2007 02:26:39
Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2007 :  02:24:39  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=15&topic_id=375011#4146898

Q: This is a very nice change... this'll make me want to play my other characters on other galaxies with these bonuses...
Curious... with those + to experimentation on a species bonus (de, structures, etc), will that allow us to up the max experimentation points to 14? Or would that mean we only need 15 points in tapes instead of 20?

A: This effectively means that with a +25 crafting suit and a +5 species mod, you would have 13 experimentation points. Obviously if you took the appropriate expertise as well, you'd have 14 points.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=45&topic_id=375011#4147086

Q: Sounds like they are trying to force which species take which trader prof.

What if a wookie wanted to be a shipwright?

A: Come on now, we're not trying to force anything. Though a handful are new, most of these trader specializations are already in place, right now today whether you're aware of it or not and they are one of the few existing species differentiations that remain. However, Assembly mods are arguably somewhat weak so we added an Experimentation bonus on top of the existing Assembly mod. So essentially this is an improvement to what's been in place since the beginning save for a few cases where the mods are new to that species.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=90&topic_id=375011#4147438

Q: this is great.

BUT it doesnt rectify the fact that wookies and trandoshans cant wear boots or gloves and thus lose out on 210 stat points (35x3x2).

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS - I felt it was balanced when i joined the game back before the CU, it has not been balanced since those mods, wookies and trandoshans got, became obsolete.

A: Funny you should mention this. I actually made some changes yesterday that should allow trandoshans to equip most gender appropriate armor and clothing boots, shoes and gloves. They will NOT show up visibly though but they'll be equipable for stats or what have you.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=105&topic_id=375011#4147630

Q: As did I. I guess someone else watched the robot chicken Star Wars special on Sunday.

A: I watched it too SMILEY:mrgreen:.And yes, the Mon Cal ability was named long before I saw it on Sunday. Actually Blix practically insisted it be named that, rofl.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=120&topic_id=375011#4147789

Q: Great that we Bothan spies still have the +15 Camouflage bonus! (that's the reason I chose my little Bothan almost 4 years ago)

But I'm a bit puzzled about the Blend-In ability. It sounds a bit useless for Bothan spies - or does it have any advantage over our normal Sneak ability?

A: It's basically a smoke bomb on a different cooldown timer but with a pretty big movement reduction. Pretty useful whether you're a spy or not.

Odkazy:
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=165&topic_id=375011#4148171
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=375&topic_id=375011#4150776

Q: So Tunso, can you stop dodging the Specie Respec question and just say Yes, or no? No will piss a lot of people off, but you might as well get it out of the way.

At least humor us and say you don't know.

A: I don't know. It's definitely something that would be non-trivial to implement. I have informed the powers that be though of the requests for such and similar.

A: So I'm only on page 2 of 8 on this thread (I display 50 posts a page), so I don't know if there's already a response posted to this question somewhere down the line. Tunso did send a message around asking about species respec. My reponse to Tunso was that ever since I've been working on SWG (01/04), species respec talk pop up every now and then, and eventually die down. SWG has never had a species respec capability, so if species respec is part of this, it will be a new system that has to be written. I have no idea what the final call will be regarding species respec.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=195&topic_id=375011#4148345

Q: And last thing, Tunso has already said that trando's and wooks will be able to wear gloves, boots and what have you they just won't be visible, and you will still get the stat bonuses so quit crying about that too.

A: Actually the change that was made was only to Trandoshans (and Mon Calamari females being able to wear the Healer's Robe), nothing was changed with Wookiees. With that said, know we're aware of how Wookiees feel about their clothing options.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=225&topic_id=375011#4148575

Q: The only reason I even carry a "Dagger" on my commando is to screw around. And its in my droid.

Why do commando's need strength when they DON'T have any use for it.
Agility, luck, or even more precision would be better. Maybe 120 luck and 120 constitution.

Strength and Stamina are just NOT NEEDED for a commando, its useless and a flat out WASTE of points.

A: Commando defense is mitigation, as opposed to avoidance. Strength (and Precision too) increases your Blocking which is a defense of sitting there and deflecting/absorbing instead of dancing out of the way like a light fighter. Thus, Commandos get a lot of both Strength and Precision and no bonus Agility.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=660&topic_id=375011#4165557

Q: Great another darn answer to the commando bonuses and still no comment even after 44 pages on why that the SW crafting subprofession will now need two toons (both and ithorian and a sulustian) if they want to be the best at their profession.

A: The Shipwright crafting bonuses have always, since the release of JTL to present day, been split between Ithorian and Sullustan. This is not new as any Ithorian or Sullustan Shipwright can tell you.

It's not my intention to reinvent any wheels so I perished the thought of any altering pre-existing specializations. I tried my best to remain as true to historical precedence as possible with all of these. In the case of crafters, I enhanced what has always been there.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=660&topic_id=375011#4165610

Q: Please, answer the question: does this mean a 3% damage bonus in space or a 3% bonus for crafting weapons? Its s simple enough question, and it is obviously one that many players are concerned about. Is it too much to ask for a simple answer?

A: It's a +3% damage bonus in space.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=675&topic_id=375011#4165973

Q: I'm a rodian spy, so my special ability is an action-reduction buff.

Im wondering, can this buff be used under cloak without it revealing me

A: Yes, the species combat abilities can be used without breaking stealth. Of course Wookiee Roar and It's a Trap will break stealth because they are actually attacks.

(Omnius Evermind)

Go to Top of Page

Shamirr

Pavucik

135 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2007 :  19:24:40  Show Profile Send Shamirr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ešte jedna Tunsova poznámka z diskusie:
Výber pôvodu (origin) sa vzťahuje len na bojové a obchodné schopnosti. Bonusy k základným statom (CON, STA, atď.) aj naďalej záležia na rase postavy a nedajú sa svojvoľne vyberať. T.j keď si bothan vyberie wookijský pôvod, bude lepším krotiteľom a kuchárom, ale nezíska wookijskú silu a zdravie.

Nekropolis:
SWG: Shamirr Norrag (*10.6.2005 +9.7.2008) - Imperial Commando, Imperial Ace Pilot; Xandara Norrag (*11.8.2006 +9.7.2008) - Trader, Freelancer Pilot
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,11 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000