Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Spy Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2007 :  07:30:54  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spy Update

Reduced Action Cost for: Stealth, Smoke Bomb, Reveal Shadows, Decoy, Burst of Shadows, Preparation, Run It's Course and Avoid Damage.
The re-use timer on these abilities is a sufficient throttle, so the action cost was reduced to make their use more tactical rather than strategic.

The Expertise "Decoy" and the extender "Diversion" were complete changed. The ability "Decoy" will create a copy of the spy; this copy will taunt all attacking NPC's and attempt to intercept damage from attacking players. The copy will not fight back and will last for 10 seconds or until killed.
The first rank of Diversion will apply a flanking debuff to any targets that attack the copy, this debuff increases critical hit vulnerability by 15%.
The second rank of Diversion will place the Spy in a 10 second stealth.

The Expertise "Glancing Armor" and "Avoid Damage" have had their effects changed from glancing blow to dodge.

The Expertise "Quiet Steps" reduces the targets chance to block, dodge or parry attacks made out of stealth by 5%.

Flashbang Grenade has also seen an update.
Flashbang Grenade changed to 6% strikethrough vulnerability and 15% glancing blow vulnerability from -80 agility.
Flashbang Grenade debuff duration lowered to 10 seconds from 20.
Flashbang Grenade re-use increased to 20 seconds from 7.

For your bad news; the data error that allowed Venomous Ploy to be used while under the effects of Smoke Bomb has been corrected.

In non-spy specific news though it still applies; there was an issue causing all of the special attack specific critical hit bonus expertise to not receive their full benefit. Included in this list are Initiative and Deadly Toxins. In addition special attack value added damage will now be applied before critical and glancing blow adjustments are made. These two changes should bring Ambush and Snipe back to the level we expect them to perform.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2007 :  07:31:27  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spy Update Part Two

We have been working through the server exception reports in our continued effort to improve server performance. #1 offender this week is an unresolved player ID in the ai combat frame. We narrowed that down to an AI getting stuck in combat with a player they could not attack. The cause of which being venomous ploy, the odd man out as the only offensive ability usable without breaking stealth. The AI wants to reset at this point but the exception was killing that process, five times per second multiplied by the number of mobs a the spy was grinding down.

How this issue gets resolved. First, we changed the setting on Venomous Ploy which will halt the problem at the source. And second to correct how an AI handles invisible players.

After trying out VP in PvP, I can see the appeal of sowing hate and discontent among the enemy ranks; notably more so if you have the expertise that makes VP a root. Might be worth it to add more abilities along these lines at a later time. So we are changing VP back to be usable from stealth.

The code fix will remain though. An AI will handle an invisible player as an invalid target. This means they will exit combat when there are no valid targets on their hate list, and they will not enter combat if there are no valid players on their hate list.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 21/06/2007 22:30:15
Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2007 :  22:29:04  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=375180#4149625

A: I apologize for the way the VP change was presented, the way the data is structured and server issues it caused made it appear to be unintended. Addy's brain is not available for data mining.

We are going to stay with the new change though. And unresolved player ID makes our AI quite angry and they let us know through copious amounts of server warnings. In addition the reliance on a passive reveal for most players to uncover your aggressor while they drop damage traps unchecked is not good gameplay.

The change to Decoy/Diversion will give the spy one option to drop into stealth, use cloaked recovery and administer another ambush while your decoy keeps the target in combat.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=45&topic_id=375180#4150026

Q: Can you please assure us that ploy will not break smoke bomb or WoT. for example, you come out of stealth and attack and lay venemous ploy... you then immediatly smoke bomb. What used to happen was the ploy "ticks" hitting anything would break smoke bomb or WoT. This was addy's fix for this bug.

A: An active VP tic will break SB/SoT/Distraction, the follow-up DoT will not. I'll see what we can change to maintain this hit and run tactic with the new restrictions.

(Omnius Evermind)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,06 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000