Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Summary of proposed Entertainer changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  13:27:30  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Je to uz starsi post z oficialneho fora (26. oktober 2006), nenasiel som ho tu, preto ho sem davam vratane doplnujucich postov od deva.

odkaz: http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=ngeentertainer&message.id=28616&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Summary of proposed Entertainer changes (in an upcoming Chapter, but not 4)

Entertainer Expertise

Artiste - This expertise tree will feature enhancements to the new "inspired performances" (the new inspiration buff mechanism), the ability to increase an entertainer's effectiveness when performing in camps (see below), and a few other goodies I am keeping quiet on for the time being.

Drama - This expertise tree will be the optional combat enhancements area. Choosing any expertise in this tree will negate your current non-aggro status in most areas of the world, and you'll be treated like any other profession; if you don't choose anything in this tree, things will remain as they are in this regard.

Camps

Camps are making their return to Star Wars Galaxies soon. One of the modules that can be constructed for camps will be an entertainer module, which allows an entertainer to perform in the camp instead of in the city. The effectiveness of this performance is determined by the effectiveness rating of the module (which can be increased through crafting experimentation) and via the Artiste expertise tree.

Inspired Performances, the new inspiration buffs

The existing Inspiration ability is being completely re-worked to allow entertainers to construct their own enhancements out of a pool of buff "packages". Entertainers get a starting point pool which they can purchase these packages with, and they can add negatives with the packages to gain more points. The Artiste expertise tree impacts the efficiency of these packages as well as offers more powerful packages as expertise.

The benefits of current inspiration buffs will be rolled into packages under this new system. This allows Entertainers to make even better ones for traders after the changes are live.

Also, this system will require that the Entertainer be present at the keyboard when creating and offering these enhancements to their fellow players.

Other goodies

We're not quite ready to discuss the other changes or additions for the Entertainer profession, but there are definitely some surprises in store past this.

Neskorsie podstatnejsie doplnenia a reakcie deva na otazky

The buff "packages" are just terminology for the enhancements chosen. It won't be a crafted object, and is just part of a selection in an interface being made for the new system.

If you choose to participate in the Drama expertise tree, as an Entertainer you will have an equivalent Combat Level. However, this will not transfer in a respec. This "quasi Combat Level" is only used while being an Entertainer.

Meaning... if you spec in Drama as a Level 90 Entertainer, you will function as a Combat Level 90 character; except, if you decide to respec to Bounty Hunter, it will only use your previous actual Combat Level for that.

The goal for the Inspiration changes is no /slash commands. It will be an activatable ability from the hotbar that brings up a dedicated interface for constructing your Inspired performance and applying it to a target, at which point they'll have to watch in much the same fashion as exists for current Inspiration buffs. We're trying to remove any of the "macro-ability" of constructing and applying the buff (including making the ability not a /slash command) to viewers.

As for the balance of the Artiste vs Drama trees, you will be able to spend all of your expertise points in Artiste or Drama (meaning 45 or more points in every tree). The ability to perform at a camp isn't tied to an Expertise, but your effectiveness while doing this can be enhanced by one. Choosing to become a combatant absolutely means sacrificing most of the really cool Artiste choices and that is intentional, but an Entertainer combatant (even if they use all their Expertise in Drama) can still perform in camps and use the new Inspiration system.

Also important to note: even one point in Drama will give you the equivalent Combat Level as your Entertainer level. However, you will be treated as a combatant as well (removal of the non-aggro benefits). This means you can use and wear equipment like other combatants at a minimum. Subsequent expertise in the Drama tree will offer combat bonuses and survivability. We're looking at the possibility of putting some "TK-style" expertise in to this, but that is not a definite at this point.

Sorry, my previous reply on AFK/ATK about the Inspiration ability was in error. The point I was trying to make (unsuccessfully) is that the actual interface for creating the buffs cannot be macro'ed or /slash-operated. We don't want to remove the /inspire from the sounds of it. Definitely sorry for the confusion.

Right now, I am not working on changes or additions to Image Design. If that changes, I'll certainly post it here.

When I said TK, I meant Teras Kasi. The three major branches of drama will be offensive (likely TK-style H2H moves and bonuses), defensive (Dodge, innate armor, etc.), and distraction (some forms of crowd control). I am working on the Drama expertise design at this time, so I'll give more details when I have them.

Entertainers who spec heavily into Drama will gain significant combat ability, but not at the level of the other post-expertise combat classes. What this means is that an Entertainer can become a respectable threat, but not an equal match on the battlefield. The idea behind offering combat options is to allow Entertainers the choice to participate in combat. It is not meant to bring them "in line" with the battle prowess of the combat professions.

I can't comment on any future "general" Expertise trees, but I can say that any nod to Teras Kasi will only be for flavor and character. I have no desire or intent to turn Drama Entertainers into full-fledged TK masters. That would be... not staying true to my original statement about Entertainers.

As for the concern over performances versus buffs, my goal with these changes is to offer Entertainers ways to impact the game play of the combat classes (via Inspiration buffs, camp performances, and Drama) that are interesting and fun.

Entertainers are absolutely first-and-foremost performers. However, my task is to bridge tangible gameplay to the existing social play that exists. Offering new dances, music, etc. is beyond the scope of what I have been tasked to do. Not saying it won't happen... I just don't have the answers to those questions.

There are two expertise in Artiste that are related to performing other than buffing, and they are fairly deep in the tree. There are no expertise that revolve around unlocking new music, dance animations, ID art, or things of that nature. Expertise is traditionally systemic in nature for the combat professions. For the Entertainer, I tied it into the buffing system for Artiste and combat for Drama.

Long story short, you won't be spending Expertise to unlock new dances, get new hairstyles, or new music to play based on the current design. I don't know if that is considered a good thing or a bad thing by the majority of posters in this thread, but I wanted to clarify it.

After talking to Chrysalide and getting the scoop, we will be including new performance content (music, dances) with the changes. I don't have specific details, but it sounds like multiple new songs and whatever we can find on new dances.

Good news: there will be new performance assets
Mediocre news: I don't have exact numbers
Ambivalent news: It won't be tied to expertise at all.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 02/01/2007 13:29:48

Miky

947 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  13:52:11  Show Profile Send Miky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To vypada dobre, Prcina bude mit radost.

Wyndia Creel - Tarkin server

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,08 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000