Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Producer Note (12.01.2009): GU 6, 7, Free CTS...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  23:07:03  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Producer Note (12.01.2009)

Happy New Year everybody!

The devs on Star Wars Galaxies are happy to kick off the year with our release of Update 6. Update 6 launched this morning and features the oft-requested Appearance Tab. Appearance Tab is really an awesome addition to the game and my hat is off to AdeptStain for making it both powerful and easy-to-use. Many thanks to all players who tried it out over the holidays and sent feedback our way. We hope to see a lot of players out there diversifying the looks of their characters with cool looking outfits not seen in a while.

Update 6 also ushers in our Free CTS program. Again, I’m sure you’ve seen all the details at this point. For a full walkthrough check out our latest Friday Feature posted last week. I hope that players who have felt that their server doesn’t have the population they would like will take advantage of this program and start making new friends on one of the 13 destination galaxies.

Looming right around the corner is Update 7. Hanse and Shadowbrak have been in touch with the Spy community and have taken away a great deal of feedback. I am confident that Update 7 will address many of the Spies top issues and will introduce some fun new things for them as well. I can tell you now that one of the improvements made is that decoys will now appear with titles, flags, and Player Association names over their heads to increase their usefulness in PvP. We’ve also given the Spy expertise tree a complete overhaul.

Coming with Update 7 will be the start of the 2009 Ewok Festival of Love. This year’s event will feature a handful of activities to get players “spreading the love”. My personal favorite is the Disillusioned Ewok Cupid activity. He’s… well, unique looking. Keep your eyes peeled for him in any of the three cities hosting the event this year; Tyrena, Kaadara, and the Ewok Lake Village.

I know that this note doesn’t have much new information (Chapters and such), but we are still in the process of finalizing our 2009 plans over the next few weeks. I do want to leave you with something cool though, so below you’ll find a picture of the Deluxe Sarlacc Trash Can that I announced in my last Producer Note. This is the first of our loyalty rewards for players who are subscribed before our next re-entitlement program is announced and are still subscribed after that re-entitlement period closes. As a reminder, this deluxe version can be fed once per week for four weeks to generate a random collection item for the owner.

Catch you all in February,

-Dotanuki

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  23:07:24  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otazky a odpovede:

Q: So if we feed these once a week, they generate a random collection item every four weeks or just one time after four weeks?

A: You can get an item once every four weeks providing you feed your sarlacc once a week.

What you feed it affects what comes out.

Have fun!

Q: Will city caps get adjusted or will we get a city shuttle beacon please?

Reason I'm asking this is because transfering players are going to find it extremely hard to build a new city, yet alone get to rank 4. House packup will not solve this problem because 1) on active servers most players are still active and 2) transfering players will still not have enough citizens to get to rank 4 (by the time they have enough the rank 4 levels will be full again).

Second question, please, as promised, when will we see new updates for space (JTL) ?

Thank you

Cash'Lu

A: We are looking at city caps.

Q: When do we find out your plans for 2009? Will there be a poll or are we going to be told what we want for 2009?

A: I'm hoping to be able to share more in early February (i.e., the next Producer Note).

Q: When will guild and cities see some love?

A: Update 8.

Q: Thanks for the update, Dotanuki!

Any update on getting Galactic Moon Festival Costumes available for permanent use as part of Storyteller?

A: Actually, yes. We'll be releasing the first few costume tokens with Update 7.

Q: Dotanuki,

Are there any plans to allow players to create a 3rd toon on a server (for those who don't have it)?

Thanks for the update.

A: Not at this time.

Q: Well, seeing how the rednames don't respond to statements, how about this:
Dotanuki are there any plans to look at the GCW and PvP itself?

A: As I mentioned in the note itself, we are still finalizing our plans for 2009. I hope to have more to report on the topic in a few weeks.

Q: Thanks for the update and thanks for Appearance Tab. Thanks for a great 2008!
1) Any timeframe for engineering update and droid commander, since PAs/cities are GU8 and spies/storyteller costumes are GU7?
2) do the tentative plans for 2009 include updates to the GCW, that can include combat and non combat playstyles?
3) do the tentative plans for 2009 include updates to space, that can include GCW content as well as heroics?

A: 1. No timeframes to share right now other than the costume thing (Update 7).
2. All things, GCW included, are being considered.
3. All things, space included, are being considered.

I can't divulge any more right now.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 15/01/2009 09:05:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,06 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000