Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 SWG: Lead Designer Transition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  08:20:21  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's been almost 5 years since I was taking a nap on my couch at home and got a call from my boss asking me if I would go to Austin and help the SWG team out. The next Monday I ventured out to Austin and pitched in on what would culminate as Publish 9 "Secrets of the Force". Firsthand I saw the multiple systems that SWG was missing at the time and convinced the management that they could use those systems so much they asked me to stay on permanently and implement them. How similar then that a few weeks ago while sitting on a couch and in a relative sleepy state that my boss asked me if I would consider joining the DC Universe Online team and head up the Design Systems group.

No one departs a team they have been on for near 5 years and not contemplate what they have accomplished. That time period on this team has really been amazing for me on so many levels. I went from being a junior team member to cementing myself into a leadership role. The current team that I led for 2 years is the best Live team in the MMO business hands down. Not only do they continually put out quality new content and systems they are able to produce it in a reasonable amount of time. I know some folks don't agree with everything we have done nor how we did it, but the driving goal of the team has always been aligned with mine, "entertain our customers". If you make someone grin, clap their hands in glee, or feel pride over an accomplishment, the developer has done their job as an entertainer (Yes that's true, the Dev team really is a band of entertainers =) ).

I will miss all of you fans who have devoted the majority of their after hours to SWG. Your continued support of this project is an amazing thing to be a part of and I will miss being involved with you all on a daily basis (even a middle of the night posting spree).

As a team the SWG Developers truly are a squad of ARC troopers, highly trained, elite and dedicated to accomplishing any mission. I hand that squad off to a very capable Loche, who will continue to entertain and immerse you in the Star Wars Universe.

May the Force be With You
Thomas "Blixtev" Blair

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  08:21:14  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote

For those who don't know much about me or haven't met me at summits or the Fan Faires, I will share a little about myself. I started on this game as an unplanned career change in 2003. I was a junior programmer at a local startup here in Austin. When that startup starting to slide downhill, I began looking for a new job. One day a recruiter called me and asked if I was interested in a 6 week gig. I turned him down. Later that afternoon, my boss implied that I should call him back.

The next morning I called him back, and was told the job was gone. But he did have something else, if I was interested in video games. He offered me an interview for a QA position on a new MMO being developed in the Star Wars universe. I jumped at the opportunity, as I had already applied for beta on three different email addresses.

I then started at SOE as a temporary QA. After working hard on launching the product, then on the live product, I was promoted to assistant lead QA. Eventually I made my way into design.

For the last three years I have worked as a designer and most recently Assistant Lead Designer on this game. My influences have been on our tutorial, live quests, beast master, collections, profession updates, and many many bug fixes. I am looking forward to continuing that work and more as the Lead Designer.

I am very proud of our team and what we have done with this game. I have been very proud to serve under Blixtev. He has done an outstanding job and deserves credit for turning this game around. I hope to continue to honor his achievements and hard work. He has tough shoes to fill, but I will live up to the challenge.

Loche

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,06 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000