Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Producer Note (05.08.2008): C11, Trading Cards...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  21:55:17  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think development on Star Wars Galaxies is a bit like going to Disneyland for the first time. You marvel at all the cool stuff there is to do, and it's a lot of fun to dive in and get going, but it's also exhausting because there are so many cool things to do. With game updates, TCG loot, The Battle of Echo Base, convention preparations, and planning for/development on end-of-the-year events, we've had a very packed development schedule.

Most of my time lately has been devoted to putting together some neat stuff to show off in all the Fan Faire panels. Each Star Wars Galaxies panel will have its own presentation this year culminating with the two-hour Galactic Assembly on Saturday night. We have a lot of great announcements lined up for that night. I hope to see you there!

With our latest release, Update 5, we were really excited to overhaul the weapon crafting system and it's great to see players enjoying and appreciating the fruits of that labor. We were particularly excited that some of the cool looking lower level weapons will be viable again since crafters can remake them as level 90 weapons. Of course crafters were not alone; Beast Masters received some additional tuning to their system in Update 5. We hope that with the increased chance of mutation we'll be seeing the first spined rancor in the game in the near future!

Next in the queue is the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game. I'm happy to see that the TCG announcement was generally well received by the Star Wars Galaxies fans. We think it is a great added value for those already enjoying the core game. The artwork is absolutely stellar as well. I know that quite a few desktop background images were changed to TCG artwork when Denver showed us the first few sample pieces. We've also worked very hard to ensure that the loot cards provide players with some neat items, across multiple categories, for use inside the MMO. We just had an internal review of all the items and I was totally blown away by all the little additions and enhancements that the Designers put in there. These items are very, very impressive. TCG loot items break down into the following categories:

- Speeders
- Permanent buffs
- Consumable buffs
- One-time only buffs
- Wearables
- Special Wearables
- House decorations
- Paintings
- Vendors
- Greeters
- Target Character - Fan Faire Exclusive

I can't wait to see someone in-game driving a... well, I guess that announcement will have to wait for Fan Faire.

Of course, I know all the hardcore fans are most anticipating The Battle of Echo Base. Rest assured the battle is in good hands. The team has been working feverishly, reviewing the film every step of the way, to ensure as authentic experience as we can provide. The environment is absolutely massive. The North Field alone is huge and will provide some exciting battle moments. The base itself is labyrinth of tunnels and rooms. I'm sure that players will be using their maps for the first several playthroughs as it is quite expansive and multi-leveled. I look forward to seeing how players are able to get more and more efficient at memorizing and completing the instance over time. I was going to announce vehicle combat at Fan Faire, but it seems that that secret was too good to keep under wraps. Yes, we are including vehicle combat in The Battle of Echo Base. To find out what vehicles on Hoth are available for battle you'll need to attend the Galactic Assembly presentation at Fan Faire.

And that brings us to Events. Planning these events has actually become one of my favorite parts of the job. We have some fun ideas for the latter three months of the year that I'm anxious to participate in myself. We will be bringing Life Day back and, as I teased at the end of June, we have an all-new event planned for this year as well. Both will be very interactive events that will require active participation to reap their rewards. The new interactive mechanic for the Life Day event was directly inspired by a humorous bit in the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special. Once again, all juicy details (and some preview screenshots) will be revealed at Fan Faire.

Finally, I know that a lot of folks have expressed concern over low-pop servers. While I don't have anything to announce right now, or even at Fan Faire, I assure you that your voices have been heard and we are actively working on a solution. DevH is exclusively dedicated to this task and it is a high priority for everybody. I will let you know the plans and dates as soon as everything has solidified.

Time to jump in line for the next ride...

-Dotanuki-

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=718478

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  21:55:39  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otazky a odpovede:

Q: Do you happen to have a rough time frame as to when GU6 will come out. We spies have been waiting a long time for our love.

A: We are looking for a good place to slot it now with all the other content pushes. It will certainly be before the end of the year.

Q: Thank you for updating us on whats coming in the future. Looks like it could be a bright one for swg. Should we exspect chapter 12 by the end of this year?

A: Nope. Chapter 12 will be in 2009. Fan Faire will reveal a few more details about Chapter 12.

Q: - Target Character - Fan Faire Exclusive

Will this be the only way to obtain a Target Creature/Charachter?

I think the players that are upset about a Fan Fair card would feel alot better if they knew there would be other ways to get Target Creatures, and it's the Acklay skinned one that is "exclusive".

A: Fan Faire will be the only place to get an Acklay Target Creature. I'm not ruling out other types of target characters in the future, but this is the only one that will be available in the near future.

Q: What happened to Blixtev

A: He's alive and well. I can hear him talking to someone a few feet from my office.

I'll let him know that you are concerned about his well being.

If you want to meet him in person, he will be at Fan Faire.

Q: A video at the last Comic Con hinted a release of TCG (on TC probably) at the end of August. Is that the current plan Dotanuki?

A: We will announce the release date at Fan Faire.

Q: Really can't wait to see and play the card game and Hoth. And vehicle combat - yay!

Small question about Hoth: will we see some of the minor movie characters like General Rieekan, Rogue Squadron or EU characters like Dash Rendar? The old Star Wars CCG by Decipher also provided names for a lot of Rebel soldiers in the Battle of Hoth.

And I'd really love to see Lyda Skims (a Rebel agent that players had to find/rescue during the old Cries of Alderaan story arc) on Hoth.

A: We have plans to include some characters from the films though I won't go into specifics here.

Q: What exactly is Target Character/Creature? Sort of new to this whole TCG thing and was hoping for some clarification.

A: The Target Creature is a smaller version of the Acklay.

You place the Target Creature in your house and proceed to beat the snot out of it. It does not fight back.

As you hit the creature, you see a record of the damage you're doing in the Chat dialog box as you would for regular combat.

When you're done pounding on him, or whenever you feel like it, you can radial on the creature and get a full report of what you've done (e.g., how much damage, how much damage for each type of attack, how often did the creature dodge, how many times did you get a critical hit, etc).

Any friends who are in your house can also attack the creature and get their own damage readouts. The damage readouts are only visible to those doing the damage (e.g., a friend cannot see how much damage you are doing to the creature).

When you're done, you can either leave him in your house or pack him back up into your inventory.

I saw a demo of him in action today and he's quite impressive. It was very fun to watch. Fiasco did a great job of implementing him!

Q: dotanuki the devs seem outright opposed to actually talking to us. Even our senator feels that you are ignoring him and the proff as a whole? so i ask you do you care about spies?

the PVE player in me is getting excited about hoth as it seems the most epic and ambitious update so far for SWG and i cant wait to try it but the spy in me cant help but feel distain as spies struggle in PVE, its hard enough to find a group when mandos jedi's ect bring more to the table in PVE.

A: Yes, we care about spies.

Spies will be looked at in GU6.

Q: Great producer's notes! Thanks for the heads up. A few questions, if you have the time:

- Perhaps you will answer this at the Fan Faire, but is Droid Commander still slated for Chapter 12?

- Will the Engineer update (whenever that will be) coincide with the release of Droid Commander?

Thanks!

A: Both of your inquiries will be addressed at the Galactic Assembly.

Q: Dotanuki I saw the one that said Permanent Buffs? Being an Entertainer what does this Imply? That the Entertainer now goes on the Unemployment line?

A: It's permanent in the sense that you don't lose the item after use. There is a cool-down period before the item can be used again. One of these, the Muur Talisman, has already been revealed.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 06/08/2008 09:57:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,08 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000