Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Game Update 5 Basics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2008 :  08:02:10  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Game Update 5 Basics

Howdy Munitions Traders!

Loche and I have begun prototype work on the weaponcrafting system and I wanted to give y'all a heads up where we are steering this Update. When looking at the Top 5 from Munitions most of them really can't be handled in the current method of crafting weapons, and to be honest I really don't want to go in there and have to do some crazy conversion on weapons, crates and components. This leads me to the philosophy we are going to take with this update which is to just add the new methods of crafting weapons and let the old components/crates/looted schematics float out there. We will be removing any non cored standard schematic from your list unless it is a limited use loot schematic. If you want to use them go ahead however they will be lacking the stats of the new weaponsmith items you can craft.

On that note we are prototyping a weapons crafting system that works very similar to the armorsmith "cores". Which involves crafting subcomponents, craft a core with them that is from level 10-90(stats are determined here), place the core into any weapon appearance you have the schematic for. Since weapon appearances have no intrinsic levels in them you could place a level 90 ranged weapon core into a CDEF if you like, or if you wanted to make a level 12 Intimidator pistol you could. Class restrictions on certain weapons will remain, so in the Intimidators example it will still be limited to Officers. Small stat enhancements will be added for some weapons at the appearance level, usually for high end looted schematics.

Things like elemetal damage type will be determined at the core level as well, so craft it into your core if you want to put it into whatever appearance you want. The exception to this is heavy weapons since they need to reflect the gun. More than likely there will be melee, ranged, and heavy weapons cores so we can make these various tweaks.

Speaking of enhancements/stats on subcomponents, there will be small amount of stats on the new subcomponents however we are leaving the flat value system and basing them on percentages. This should make enhancements equally useful across the board as a 5% gain is just as useful DPSwise in a rifle as a pistol. We really don't want to touch the old components such as power handlers, so more than likely the will not get any stats, however they may still be used as a requirement at some level.

Tweaking the weapon crafting system should eliminate about 3 of the professions top 5 issues. Hopefully this will create a business again for the weaponcrafter as they can make a new weapon core every 2 levels from 10 to 90. Currently there are huge 14 level gaps between weapons they can craft on Live. Along with this we will look at the frequency of looted weapons to make sure they aren't overly abundant. High end looted schematics will transition into limited use appearance schematics that you can place any core into if you really want to.

There is an item or two we would like to look at for armorsmithing, however the bulk of our time will be spent with the weaponsmithing code.

Blixtev
Lead Designer Star Wars Galaxies

Doplnenie:

We are definately looking at adding in some looted enhancers that go in at the weapon core level. The breadth of how many we get in is how much trouble the crafting system gives us in our time alloted for Update 5.

I'm pretty happy with our early prototyping and progamming has been super quick on adding a sliderbar for weapon level to the experimentation UI. This way we grant a 1 schematic for each type basic, standard, and advanced and each has a level range. So a Basic Ranged Core has a level range of 10-40 and you can select this value in the experimentation screen via the slider bar.

Blixtev
Lead Designer Star Wars Galaxies

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2008 :  08:02:28  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otazky a odpovede

Q: Will the "new" crafted weapons be on par with looted schematic stats? I mean both DPS, and elemental numbers..

A: The new weapon cores will more than likely have a higher values than current weapons just through the nature of the way we are calculating percentage incrementers.

Q: "Things like elemetal damage type will be determined at the core level as well, so craft it into your core if you want to put it into whatever appearance you want. The exception to this is heavy weapons since they need to reflect the gun. More than likely there will be melee, ranged, and heavy weapons cores so we can make these various tweaks."

How will this affect the firing effect? Will the colour/sound of the bolt reflect the elemental crafted in the weapon?
Raising this with the Master EE3 Carbine in mind (BH collection), wich got changed to heat elemental with matching red bolt.
Will we be able to craft a cold one (not beer, though that would be nice as well) then that has a blue bolt?

Or should we put this in reverse? Let the elemental be decided on the appearance.
If multiple elementals are allowed for that weapon, a dropdown could be provided to pick the colour of the blaster bolt.
Similar to how you can pick the appearance for your lightsaber on the end of craft...

A: Way out of scope for the time alloted. A dynamic bolt coloring system would be super cool, for gun objects we hard code what the bolt looks like. So if a gun has a red bolt setup in the data no matter what core you put in there it is going to be red.

Q: Couple of questions...Will old looted stat enhancers be usable i.e. krayt tissue or will it be new items?

Second I have a couple of guild WS's who were inquireing about the ability to RE ...will those trees still stay with DE or will they finally get combined?

(seeing how this is more about weapon crafting than expertise or skill wheel, i just thougt i would ask as this seems the right time lol)

A: The plan is to make all new objects, re-enabling old ones would cause problems.

Was zero plans to move anything in RE.

Q: i think that a player being able to pick elemental on their gun is just right stuiped i mean look at this comeing update you finaly added a comando gun with cold and now your going to tell me that a crafted rockett launcher can be cold? or a flame thrower with acid? or maybe a lava cannon with electric

What is the point of doing the bh kill collection now since the ee3 is already a lower schematic

Why do tusken instances if you can make a tusken rifle(minus the scope) with the same stats an no work

why do exar at all for the loot if you can make better guns i mean did you think about the other instances and such that you already added in and what it will do it stuff that players have worked hard for i think that instances schems should then get a bonus to a curtain stat like the exar carbine gets a bonsus to cold element and that elments are asigned to guns or you are given a option of 2 diffrent ones

as a bh i look for 2 things

what gun my targets useing so i know what armor i need yes i have 2 suits with me and what armor they have so i can pick a energy or kenetic gun doing this will be takeing out a players ability to see what a player is useing and adapt with diffrent ways to fight then

A: Please re-read my post, I specially call out that heavy weapons will work differently to reflect the nature of that type of heavy weapon.

The Heroic weapons will have a use as we plan to tinker with % mods in the appearance combine where it makes sense.

Q: I'm assuming there will be Kinetic and Energy based cores? I'm also assuming that the current weapons that are kinetic will only accept kinetic cores if this is the case? How many experimentation lines will there be on a core? Hopefully more then just the one like we have with armour cores currently...

A: Plan is to make one core type and the appearance combine has a certain number of pre determined aspects built into it, like kinetic/energy, range , speed etc.

Q: Oh Blix - one more thing:

It would be nice if low level crafters would be able to make low level weapons as well as good as high level crafters, so that they can earn cash early and compete as they learn the profession.

The idea is so that they don't have to power grind to 90 to be viable. That way, a CL 90 can make a top end pistol, but if he or she tries to make a low end pistol, it won't be better than a low level crater making that weapon. This sort of curve will help new players out, both crafters, and newbies buying weapons.

A: This believe it or not has been a goal from the begining of the game and none of the teams in the games history were able to make it happen, unfortunately the "viable crafter" game doesnt open up until you can make "the best" stuff.

Q: my only concern is what will happen to the loot weapons that are already crafted currently in game, will the cores be the same as the stats are currently or will the stats on the new weapons exceed the current cap on the weapons that can be crafted now. The reason i address this is some of us A) ran instances many times to get the schematics B) had to buy the weapons

i'm only concerned because of the habit with updates with adding new content that is better than the old content 10 fold. Even though this is still in the design phase blix can you possibly clarify what the end stats will eventually look like in comparison to the ones now or will we be stuck with gimped guns. This is especially concerning with limited schematics that you earn from collections such as the bh dangerous fugitive collection with the dc-15 schematic and the ee3 elite schematic.

A: Yes it is an issue we need to address, re-schematicing the weapons is a good choice. We also need to make a system so the bio links carry over through the schematic, and adding more bio linking to weapons. Bio linking being pretty much the only way weapons ever leave the system so folks need to go back to buy more guns from traders.

Doplnenie (20.05.2008)

Q: How will this effect light sabers? Seems everytime weapon get an update, it somehow finds its way to nerfing sabers (ie ent buffs getting changed to no longer be able to buff resource quality and thus saber damage being reduced from lack of resource boosts).

A: We don't plan to do anything with lightsabers at all. Yes they are weapons but they have nothing to do with the Munitions profession.

Q: But definitely worth checking when it hits TC.

I'm also curious about how this weapon crafting update will affect Engineers, since we have some weapon crafting ability. Another thing to check on the TC, I guess.

A: Im not a big fan of the fact that Engineering has any weapons at all. It just so happened when the Trading professions were collapsed into 4 there was an odd number so Weaponsmith was used twice however didn't get the full value of experimentation points as Munitions. Ideally Engineering loses all ability to craft player weapons and gain the ability to craft Droid weapons, it will either happen with Update 5 or with Droid Commander update.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 20/05/2008 08:33:29
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2008 :  08:23:31  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
zda se mi to nebo vsechny crafteny zbrane budou ted slaby a bue potreba je ucraftit znova? :D u takovy tuskenský pusky to neni hezky

SWG, Europe-Farstar - Drom, Losos, Efiss, Casia' - R.I.P. SWG
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,08 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000