Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Preview of Game Update 4 (15.04.2008)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2008 :  08:10:33  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Preview of Game Update 4 - Commando

Each game update will take a look at specific professions to address bug fixes and issues. (This is not a complete revamp of the profession.) Please keep in mind that this won't be in the form of a chapter dedicated to each profession, but an update between major content releases that includes addressing some of the bugs and issues for one or two specific professions.

For the fourth profession update, the development team is focusing on commando and officer.

The Top 5 issues presented by the representative senator are the basis for the update for each profession. The team will spend time on the issues in the Top 5 and address as many as possible.

Summary of Commando Top Five

These are the top five issues presented by the Commando Senator and the commando community:

• Address issues with heavy weapons, including design, DoT complications, and UI interference.
• Address issues with expertise, including Deflective Armor, It Burns, and more.
• Add commando certification to more weapons.
• A commando’s role in combat is not clearly defined.
• Investigate commando jewelry sets and address issues.

Game Update 4

With the top five issues in mind, here is what we currently have in the works for commandos in Game Update 4:

• Investigate issues with heavy weapons including DoT applications and UI interference. Add a new cold elemental weapon.
• Investigate issues with expertise, including Deflective Armor and more.
• Look in to the viability of being able to throw grenades while using a heavy weapon.
• Investigate commando jewelry sets and address issues.

This is not a complete list of what will be included in this game update, and please be aware that this plan is subject to change.

We will not be able to address all concerns or suggestions you have for your profession in this particular update, but we are focusing on the issues above. Each game update can also include updates to other professions, so if your issue is not addressed at this time, there is always a chance that it may be addressed in a later update.

Please feel free to discuss the points above in this thread. Thank you!

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2008 :  08:11:19  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Preview of Game Update 4 - Officer

Each game update will take a look at specific professions to address bug fixes and issues. (This is not a complete revamp of the profession.) Please keep in mind that this won't be in the form of a chapter dedicated to each profession, but an update between major content releases that includes addressing some of the bugs and issues for one or two specific professions.

For the fourth profession update, the development team is focusing on commando and officer.

The Top 5 issues presented by the representative senator are the basis for the update for each profession. The team will spend time on the issues in the Top 5 and address as many as possible.

Summary of Officer Top Five

These are the top five issues presented by the Officer Senator and the officer community:

• Environmental Purge and Synaptic Stimulation need to provide immunity.
• Leadership abilities such as /sysgroup and /rallypoint need to be re-introduced.
• Remove the Battle Armor requirement from the expertise protection bonuses and allow officers to wear Mandalorian armor.
• Group buff duration is too short for Duration Tactics, Focus Fire and Drillmaster and action costs for Tactics and Focus Fire are high. Investigate options to change some buffs to toggled abilities and look into other group buff issues.
• Investigate the effectiveness and action cost of Paint Target.

Game Update 4

With the top five issues in mind, here is what we currently have in the works for officers in Game Update 4:

• Investigate Environmental Purge buff time and DoT immunity.
• Investigate the addition of system group messages and rally points; rally point may grant group members a new buff for meeting at the rally point. Investigate Supply Drop. A new instant travel vehicle will not be added.
• Battle Armor requirements and Mandalorian armor certification will not be changed.
• Investigate options to change some group buffs to toggled buffs. Investigate buff duration overlap.
• Investigate the effectiveness and action cost of Paint Target.

This is not a complete list of what will be included in this game update, and please be aware that this plan is subject to change.

We will not be able to address all concerns or suggestions you have for your profession in this particular update, but we are focusing on the issues above. Each game update can also include updates to other professions, so if your issue is not addressed at this time, there is always a chance that it may be addressed in a later update.

Please feel free to discuss the points above in this thread. Thank you!

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page

Shamirr

Pavucik

135 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2008 :  08:43:30  Show Profile Send Shamirr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blixtev:

Now that we are closing down and polishing up Update 3 I wanted to come chat with Commando's abit about some of the new DoT changes we have coming down the pipe for you in Update 4. Coming online with Update 4 our Super Awesome programming team has done a ton of work with the buff system to get us the ability to "stack" like kind of buffs. We are slowly going to be converting many of our buffs/debuffs over to using this functionality. A buff stack is 2 identical buffs that use 1 icon but have a number in the corner to display how many of them are on the target. So a flame icon with the number 5 in the lower corner indicates there are 5 charges of flame DoT on that target.

Where Commando's fit into this is we aren't too keen on all the weapon swapping that goes on to just proc a DoT and switch to a different weapon. We also know that many weapons are not used (flamethrower) because the DoTs they apply are very small.

Our plan is to give the Commando's an ability that applies a DoT which stacks somewhere between 5-10 stacks of the type of weapon they are using. We are going to limit the Commando to one type of Stack, this should enable Commando's to choose a style of heavy weapon and stick with it, not endless swapping them out to apply different DoTs. Multiple Commando's can either share the same stack, or stack a different type. We are also going to normalize the DoT damage so there is no advantage to ignoring the very fast weapons.

This should give you some specials you can use with your HW, stop the weapon swapping, and bring some of the weaker HWs back into use.

Nekropolis:
SWG: Shamirr Norrag (*10.6.2005 +9.7.2008) - Imperial Commando, Imperial Ace Pilot; Xandara Norrag (*11.8.2006 +9.7.2008) - Trader, Freelancer Pilot
Go to Top of Page

Shamirr

Pavucik

135 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2008 :  08:44:43  Show Profile Send Shamirr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blixtev:

Digging in the ancient DoT code is like going in your grandparents attic, it's loaded with old junk and it sure smells really bad. The DoT system is one of our oldest systems, and it sure does some wacktacular things. We found 10 different calculations amoungst 5 functions to determine just the value of absorbtion from armor against DoTs. For folks who don't code, that's alot. Fear not we are cleaning some of it out to bring you a better DoT experience.

As of now we have 2 abilities being granted to apply DoTs, It Burns! (single target), Burn Down!(AoE), both cost a small amount of action, both do a small special damage upfront and have a 100% DoT application based on your level/weapon Elemental type of the heavy weapon you are holding. They are on a shared cooldown(2 sec), simply use the one that you feel most comfortable with. Both are granted in the 50's in the profession wheel. The 5 inital DoT types are Acid, Cold, Heat, Electricity, Energy. All heavy weapons have a passive 10% chance to apply a DoT based on level/weapon holding. As we are still in prototyping stage, no numbers have been decided on yet, we are just trying to get a feel for how it plays.

There are 2 specials Focused Beam and Lethal Beam, both can be fired with a Heavy Weapon in your hand. Focused beam is a standard damage added special. Still tweaking Lethal Beam to try and make it do something different. Both of these specials have a standard special action cost, and can be purchased in the heavy weapon line in the expertise tree.

With 3 specials at a Commandos disposal with heavy weapons equipped, in addition to potential grenade use I can imagine you are going to be hurting for action. You will hopefully learn to ofset special use with action, and may need to change how you run around in combat, and who you team up with to replenish your action.

As for general DoT stuff, we are using a 10 stack max, 15 second duration in our testing, seems to work pretty well. All DoT immunities and removal effects are going to get looked at. The ability to remove an entire 10 stack is a little too good with the new DoT mechanic considering it can take up to 20 seconds to apply a full stack. We are more than likely going to make the various DoT removals only remove portions of stacks, and change the "immunity" effects only effect further application while the immunity is active, but anything already on you will stay for full duration. For example I have a 10 stack of acid on me, I use my dot removal, it takes me to 5 stack of acid, and no new acid can be placed on me until the immunity runs out, however the 5 stack is still ticking. Also the max absorbtion value anyone can protect against is 50% of a DoT's value(right now this is 65%).

I'm pretty excited with the new stacking functionality we have with Buffs/Debuffs and hopefully can use it to spice up a bunch of game mechanics.

Nekropolis:
SWG: Shamirr Norrag (*10.6.2005 +9.7.2008) - Imperial Commando, Imperial Ace Pilot; Xandara Norrag (*11.8.2006 +9.7.2008) - Trader, Freelancer Pilot
Go to Top of Page

Shamirr

Pavucik

135 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2008 :  08:53:08  Show Profile Send Shamirr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SWG-Swede:

Riddle Armor:
Changed to a 3 point Expertise. Each point gains 1000 Armor Reduction.
Armor Cracker: Renamed to Armor Shredder. 1 point expertise that requires 3 points spent in Riddle Armor. Functions the exact same way as Riddle Armor but has a 10m Area of Effect around the target, reducing the armor of enemies within range by 3000.
Keep in mind that all changes I'm making are first iteration and I'd be happy to discuss them.

Defensive line suggested changes. All of these expertises are connected.
Powered Armor (Tier 1)
4 point Expertise. Unchanged.

Pinpoint Shielding (Tier 2)
4 point Expertise. Unchanged.

Deflective Armor (Tier 3)
4 point Expertise. Damage against the Commando is reduced by 2% per point spent.

Blast Resistance (Tier 3)
4 point Expertise. Blast Resistance has been moved to the Commando Tree and is dependent on 4 points spent in Deflective Armor. Otherwise unchanged.

Stand Fast (Tier 4)
1 point Expertise. Grants the Commando a new ability. Damage against the Commando is reduced by 60% while Stand Fast is in effect. Stand Fast lasts for 12 seconds and is on a 10 minute cooldown.

Improved Stand Fast (Tier 5)
3 point Expertise. Each point spent improves Stand Fast by 5% damage reduction and increase duration by 2 seconds and lower cooldown by 2 minutes.

Free target grenades (maybe also with Heavy weapons).
You can use them with any weapon (HW uncertain). It will give you a ground target reticule automatically when you click the grenade (or grenade ability) that will last until you throw it, or cancel it.
1. Click Grenade (or Grenade ability) in your hotbar (or from inventory, double click item Grenade).
2. Get a ground target reticule and aim it where you want to throw the grenade.
3. Click again, grenade is thrown.

There will be the new talent in the grenade line replacing Blast Resistance.

Short Fuse(Tier 5)
2 point talent. Lowers Grenade explosion delay by 1 second per point.
Or something like that, I'm at home right now, don't have the document in front of me.

Nekropolis:
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  10:33:59  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
tak sem to byl testovat na TC a je to super :))) commando je ted brutalni, navic sme dostali i stit jako ma treba BH a taky rychlesi behani, navic to jde solidne postavit na tankovani :)

SWG, Europe-Farstar - Drom, Losos, Efiss, Casia' - R.I.P. SWG
Go to Top of Page

Shamirr

Pavucik

135 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  07:49:23  Show Profile Send Shamirr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dromedarr

tak sem to byl testovat na TC a je to super :))) commando je ted brutalni, navic sme dostali i stit jako ma treba BH a taky rychlesi behani, navic to jde solidne postavit na tankovani :)

Tož to sa asi vrátim na nejaký čas na zem . BTW nevšimol si si, či zmenili Block - stále sa oplatí mať block šatičky?

Nekropolis:
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  12:57:49  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shamirr

quote:
Originally posted by Dromedarr

Tož to sa asi vrátim na nejaký čas na zem . BTW nevšimol si si, či zmenili Block - stále sa oplatí mať block šatičky?

jj, nezmenili ale uz je brzy zmeni... jinak neni se ceho bat, porad to bude asi nejlepsi suit, je ne uz tak silny

Go to Top of Page

riddle

776 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2008 :  13:17:01  Show Profile  Send riddle an ICQ Message Send riddle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bude asi cas se pak poohlednout po necem jinem... :)
Block Suit je fakt cool kde bych byl kdybych jej nemel..

EnniLasi(BOH)- SWG "zase parim"
Esmeralda(BOH)-SWG "zase parim"
Essmeralda - WOW
Go to Top of Page

WereHamster

WereHamster

982 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2008 :  15:26:54  Show Profile Send WereHamster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jsou k něčemu ty miny? Mam jich pár v báglu, ale nešli nijak pokládat. A co klasické bedny s granáty? Jsou použitelné? Nebo jen budeme klikat na barevné obrázky pojmenované "útok granátem IV" ?
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  00:10:37  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nevim jak ty, ale ja klikam a macruju :) 2 granaty a 1 mina, ale ted se to cely bude menit, navic nove plna podpora rifle/carbine, coz u commanda zatim nebylo

Go to Top of Page

WereHamster

WereHamster

982 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  09:24:27  Show Profile Send WereHamster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Já jsem jako commando úplně zoufalej.. když chci na něco střílet a kolem cíle se motá x jedi a mediků, tak to nestřílí.. Nakonec vytáhnu raketomet a frkám tam rakety :( To AOE si už něco najde..
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  12:21:23  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WereHamster

Já jsem jako commando úplně zoufalej.. když chci na něco střílet a kolem cíle se motá x jedi a mediků, tak to nestřílí.. Nakonec vytáhnu raketomet a frkám tam rakety :( To AOE si už něco najde..

1) nastav si autotarget
2) zbytek uz moc neres, protoze za par dni to bude uplne jinak

Go to Top of Page

riddle

776 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2008 :  13:44:31  Show Profile  Send riddle an ICQ Message Send riddle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a jak pak?

EnniLasi(BOH)- SWG "zase parim"
Esmeralda(BOH)-SWG "zase parim"
Essmeralda - WOW
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2008 :  20:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by riddle

a jak pak?

prednastavena je myslim klavesa Y tim se prepina na autoattack a zpet, potom staci jen zeleny target a uz jen drzet levy tlacitko

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,12 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000