Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 SWG House of Commons Dev Chat (09.04.2008)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  17:22:02  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SWG House of Commons Dev Chat (09.04.2008)

Log zo SWG House of Commons Chatu:

Destinova: Good evening and welcome to another great Stratics House of Commons chat. Tonight our guests are the developers of Star Wars Galaxies!

Destinova: Send in your questions to[QT]Dest by typing /msg[QT]Dest your question here! Questions sent to me or the developers will not make it into the lineup. Full logs of the chat will be up on http://swg.stratics.com shortly after the chat.

DeadMeat: Hi...I'm DeadMeat. The SOE Producer for Star Wars Galaxies. Great to see everyone out for the chat tonight

Neif: Hey all! Thanks for coming out this evening -- this is Tim Temmerman, Associate Producer over at LucasArts. QQ if you must; we're here to support you and answer your questions!

SOE_JASKELL: Hello this is Jeff "Jaskell" Haskell an Associate Designer on Star Wars Galaxies. I have previously worked on Treasure Maps, the collection system as well as other things. This is my first Stratics Chat! Thanks for having me.

SOE_Millbarge: Hi, this is Millbarge – Associate Designer on Star Wars Galaxies

Blixtev: Howdy Everyone! Blixtev here, Lead Designer for Star Wars Galaxies. Oh my! is the Test Center crowded with everyone playing with the Update 3 Changes.

Teesquared: Hello, I'm Teesquared, SWG Technical Director. Good to see you all here.

Valara: Hi everyone! I'm Valara, the Community Manager for Star Wars Galaxies. We're looking forward to your questions!

AdeptStrain: Hey all, Adept Strain here. I'm a programmer on SWG. Hope everyone is enjoying the new /ShowBackpack and /ShowHelmet (if you've played with it on TC/TCP)!

fiasco: Hiya everyone, I'm Michael one of the SWG designers.

SOE_CancelAutoRun: Hi everyone, CancelAutoRun here. I'm one of the programmers on Star Wars Galaxies. Hope I can answer some burning questions tonight.

Torsion: Hi everyone, Torsion here, programmer, known around the office as the UI-Guy

ArkonPhoenix: With the new Jedi Cloak having “4% Saber damage and 4% Electrical Damage” respectively, will the Elder Robe receive this as well, and if not can it be added?

Blixtev: All Jedi Robes received a stat upgrade, the Elder got the biggest boost, however none of the older robes/cloaks are getting any expertise modifiers like the new Update 3 cloaks.

ArkonPhoenix: Wit the addition of the 5th Gen saber line, any chance the saber types (1H, 2H, Polearm) can have some kind of intrinsic value to make them slightly different stat wise? Say add an innate Strength mod to the 2H for example.

Neif: Good question -- for now, we'd like to keep the various 5th gen hilts the same, stat-wise, for game balance sake. Definitely something we'd like to look at in the future, but at this point we're focusing on balancing the current lineup of Jedi goodness.

Squenepo are there any new plans for player cities?

DeadMeat: We will be doing an update based around Cites, PA's, and Politicians. But we really have nothing specific to say on that yet. Be sure to check your Senator's top five list as this is where we begin.

PyrochenkoOfFlurry: Last stratics chat i asked about the looping sound bug. I noticed Miles was updated with chapter 9, but the bug still occurs. Was the miles update intended to fix that bug? what progress has been made?

SOE_CancelAutoRun: The Miles update was intended to fix several issues, particularly with interactions between audio and video for intros etc. No other progress has been made towards fixing the looping sound bug you mentioned.

XiepRadiant: Hello From radiant! Could you give any advice and tip on the phase 4 of the new exar kun instance? We died thousands of times and seems that the "easy mode " is from a bug... And as stated in thepast by a dev the 18k hits are a result from a player action

SOE-Shadowbrak: XiepRadiant Thanks for the heads up, I’ll try to track down this "Easy Mode" bug.

Zin: Can you share any info on the progress of the apprearace tab option?

AdeptStrain: Yay, appearance. Obviously something lots of us here in the office are looking at. Nothing definite yet. ShowBackpack/ShowHelmet laid down some ground work (which I'll discuss in a future Dev Diary), but there is still a lot of decisions that need to be made before I can say anything definite with regard to the appearance tab.

XiepRadiant: Hello from radiant.... Could you give any tip or adive for the healing action reduction new mod?

SOE_Millbarge: There are new combinations of junk loot out there that will make it possible to get this mod. Maxing it out with +35 exotics you can reach ~15% healing action cost reduction.

starwarsgeek: Question #1. ITV are still bugged, when should we expect a fix for that ?

SOE_JASKELL: There is a fix for the ITV bug on TC currently. The specific defect that was fixed was one that stated the ITV has already been called.

Vincent76: Hi! Smuggler Senator Vincent76 Here. Are there any plans to get Smuggler Back on the board any time soon? And if so, can you shed some light to whats coming?

Blixtev: Hanse's next assignment is to revisit the Smuggler Expertise tree for Update 4 implementation, we feel its okay to go back for Smugglers since they suffered from the go first syndrome and didn't get enough attention. We have laid out a bunch of new expertise boxes and with some prototype "stun" code Smuggler's will have some fun new toys. He should be talking to you on your forum in a few days after we iron all the abilities out.

MasterCosmo: Exar Kun is probably the best Heroic added to SWG, how much has your team learned in terms of creativity in the difficulty and where will this lead you all to creating instances to meet or beat Exar Kun In creativity and difficulty?

SOE-Shadowbrak: MasterCosmo Reading the posts by the players detailing how they approach and defeat all of the Heroic Encounters has given us an extremely valuable look into how the SW:G community at large plays in heavily scripted encounters.

SOE-Shadowbrak: As we increase our knowledge of player styles and can finagle more features out of the programming team, such as the lightning towers in Exar Kun, we are definitely looking forward to making more of them in the upcoming chapters.

Valcha: hey, valcha here... what do you have planned for this year of seg?

DeadMeat: We still want to be flexible in terms of schedule, but as I have said before, Chapter 10 will be a Meatlump themepark for high mid-levels. The next update is Commando's and Officers (with a dash of Smuggler), and we will be doing a reveal on a future chapter at the Summit in a few weeks. Hope we will see some of you folks there.

Leafbacca: With the feature to hide/show backpacks and helmets, could you please consider to seperate the helmets on the wookiee armor sets from the chestpieces? The bicep pieces were "broken off" from it a few years back.

AdeptStrain: Yea, wookies. My heart goes out to you. Separating the helmet from any wookie chest pieces is a rather big task for our already stretched art team. There aren't any current plans to change the current models, unfortunately.

[SA]KiliDaran: Will smugglers expertise dealing with their missons be changed so they would be use outside of the missions

Blixtev: Our early plans looking at the Smuggler expertise tree have us removing most of the mission specific boxes from the expertise tree and putting them in the profession wheel.

Anon925: First, thank you for making rewards from heroic encounters schematics. With that said, what are the plans to make crafted weapons made by Weaponsmiths more competitive with looted items such as the GLC, Devastator Acid Launcher and other profession weapons that people think of as essential?

DeadMeat: With each update we have introduced more schematics...There are a lot of weapons in the game, but we will continue to add new, and better, weapons schematics in the future.

Vincent76: I assume that as we have seen after Update 1 youll keep up the consistent communication with the communities youre going to touch? If Smuggler Update is on the plate, we'll see some two-way communication, right? SMILEYimg src=" /

Blixtev: With the Update 1 cycle we were basically learning our pace and what we could do as well of what level of interaction to pursue with the community, having done a few updates now we know how we want to handle it!

starwarsgeek: Anyword on a sepaerate server for all low populated servers players to meet and do instances as well as other group quest ?

Teesquared: We are still researching how to solve the server population issues. There are many technical challenges to overcome. Its something we realize is very important to players and we will continue to try to come up with a solution.

ArkonPhoenix: Can the hood up/down feature be added to the existing Jedi Cloaks, since the art is already in game?

Blixtev: We can see about it when we have more time, right now we are feature locked for Update 3 and are worried about balance tweaks and polish to we can get it to the Live service.

MasterCosmo: The new DEVASTATION mod was added in ch9. An exotic mod gives a +2, but is that Devastation Value or 2% Devastation Chance

SOE_Millbarge: Yes, the +2 is a 2% increase in your Devastation Chance – These mods can be made into Exotics, but not Powerups.

Leafbacca: While, the new storyteller additons like blueprint, being able to set things up on Yavin, Endor etc are nice, some "law enforcement/security" NPCS would be nice as well for a variety of stories/plots. Any chance to see RSF, CorSec and Fed-Dub NPCs for example? I brought them up in a chat in June last year, and you (or Neif anyway) seemed to think they were nice suggestions.

Neif: This is true, they were great suggestions and I haven't forgot! We're always looking to add new props to storyteller system -- I can't comment specifically on the law enforcement NPCs, but they sound good to me.

En-Sabah-Nur: The Group waypoint (arrows next to name in group window) is most often compeltely wrong. What is going to be done about that?

Torsion: We were not aware that those arrows are often completely wrong, but you can be certain I will be looking into it very soon =)

Aoyxn: Hello, I remember in the old days at the Dantooine Mining Outpost there used to be a dark jedi npc that would come and terrorize everyone. Any chance of having random npc attacks on cities? That was a lot of fun.

Blixtev: We are always interested in adding more random world content, right now the events team handles most of this. Perhaps in the future we can add more event like things to a random city invasion system.

Golfrguy: What does the future of SWG look like? More collections/heroics? Anything new and exciting planned for Chapter 10?

DeadMeat: I think the future looks cool...C10 is Meatlumps. C11 is...Well...Folks will know after the Summit.

starwarsgeek: Any plans to fix current commando bugged expertise or are you delaying it until the update for commandos ?

Blixtev: We will be looking at any and all Commando issues with the Update 4 cycle, if you have any bugs not listed in your professions top 5 list be sure to toss a grenade at your Senator!

Vincent76: From Tuki on Kette: "Can we expect the return of slicing by the smugglers in a form or another in the near future?"

DeadMeat: Slicing will definitely not be a part of Update 4. Beyond that the best I can say is that it is not something we are firmly againt adding into the game in some form in the future.

DeadMeat: heh...

PyrochenkoOfFlurry: First off, great content additions the last few chapters. my question involves the bug with group members not being able to re-enter exar kun or axkva min instances. after group gets wiped and they try to re-enter, some members click on the brazier or door and nothing happens, no system message, no crash, just nothing at all. it occasionally occurs with the initial entry attempt.

SOE-Shadowbrak: PyrochenkoOfFlurry Instance transition is the number one ticket among all heroics and it is high on the list of issues currently being looked into.

Squenepo: Are we ever going to see droid commander?

DeadMeat: Yes. It is still planned for this year.

Aoyxn: Hello, just wondering, with the increasing popularity of heroic encounters, is there any chance of allowing us to group up with players from other galaxies?

DeadMeat: Shared Server instancing is something we are reseaching as DevH and TeeSquared have said. There are a ton of technical hurdles in doing this and I cannot say yet wether we will be introducing it in the future. But personally I very much want it to happen.

starwarsgeek: When you update bounty hunters, any plan to stop same faction hunting ? Its been a bit of a challenge during PVP events, that a same faction hunter takes the opportunity to kill his target while hes being attacked by the opposing faction.

SOE-Shadowbrak: starwarsgeek Killing for credits, even in such a low down manner as same faction hunting, is a protected activity in any healthy free market system.

[SA]KiliDaran When the traders expertise gets looked at is there any plans to add in combat abilites so we can clear nest and mobs

Blixtev: The Trader's Friend is your friend! If you are on a planet that has AI that the weapon doesn't suffice, perhaps you can grab a friend or two to clear out those high level nests!

Vincent76: Any plans to reinstate underpants to the Emperor, or is that out of scope?

SOE-Shadowbrak: Vincent76 The Emperor has respec’d commando and he’s staying that way.

Destinova: That's all the time we have tonight! I'd like to extend thanks on behalf of Stratics for the developers of Star Wars Galaxies stopping by.

Destinova: Full logs of the chat will be up on http://swg.stratics.com shortly.

Neif: Thank yall for coming out this wonderful Wedensday! Now get back in TC and test those Jedi!

Torsion: Thanks for the chat, had a blast!

Teesquared: Thanks for the great questions. See you all next time!

SOE_Millbarge: Thanks for sitting with us, everyone. G’night!

Blixtev: Thanks for coming out, hope to see you on Test Center!

DeadMeat: Thanks folks...Great questions tonight. Hope to see some of you at the Summit.

AdeptStrain: Thanks guys. Fun chat! We always read the boards so keep the feedback coming. I'll try to keep future clothing malfunctions to a minimum. SMILEYimg src=" /

SOE-Shadowbrak: Thanks for making it out tonight all.

SOE_CancelAutoRun: So long and thanks for joining the chat!

SOE_JASKELL: Bye. It was fun.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,15 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000