Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Producer Note (07.12.2007): Chapter 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  10:11:21  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,

Sorry if the Dev team been a little quiet the last couple of weeks but we have been heads down in getting Chapter 8 polished up. I had hoped to release it to the test centers today, but it still needs a little bit more polish so I am going to hold it till Monday or Tuesday. As expected we encountered a lot of challenges working with the space system which had not been touched much since JTL, but we eventually solved all of the problems and I believe we have an extremely cool release here that will have something to appeal to everyone in this chapter. To just give you tastes of a few of the things you will be seeing next week:

• Four new ships
• Space Collections
• New space quests
• A new Heroic Encounter
• A player Space Station

We have been tuning the new Heroic all week and I must admit it I think it is one of the best things we have done to date. But unfortunately I am not sure that Loche has the right stuff (he tends to be the pilot smuggling us to the encounter...And he screams like a 12 year old girl when we come under attack (and we die alot)...Don't tell him I said that though.

Anyway I hope that we will iron out the few remaining issues this weekend so we can let everyone have a crack at it. I know we will have a ton of feedback to digest once it is on test, but I want to get it into your hands as soon as we can. Honestly we really will not know all of the subtle issues we have until the community starts playing the heck out of it. As per usual we will be opening the old test center as well for the new chapter and we have modified the frogs to be more helpful for testing space content. I know that the pilot community has been leveling up characters on TCPrime, so we hope that they are prepared ...There are going to be a lot of epic fights in space I know.

There are a number of other exciting things happening in the game before and during the holidays (be sure to check out Valara's great feature on Life Day so this is shaping up to be quite an busy time in SWG (my beard is even more gray than normal these days.

Thats all for now, Have a great weekend!

DeadMeat

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=547950#6074086

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  10:11:43  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

Q: Yesh, more intel on the precious.. I mean player space station

A: Nah...They would kick me out of the Producers Guild if I did not make you suffer. I am up for Assistant Secretary and one more act of kindness would ruin my chances.

Q: ok how about this, you tell us.. then tell us we cant test it for 3 more days.. thats like teasing us, and is very cruel.. thus gaining you points with the guild.

A: Its like style points for diving...They don't give you any extra ones for not hitting your head on the board.

Q: what about other fixes in ch.8??
beast master fix.. even you admited loche has made some mistakes in space what about beast master??
please answer the question we know the ackley is not in game yet.. c'mon please
what about mutation, hydro, and processing>>
besides space will there be updates to other collections as well as professions>>
what about medics?

A: There are some fixes to things in the game, but the focus of this release is the new content. We will be addressing other issues once the team is done with their work on the Chapter.

Oh...And the Ackley is definitely in there...One player was so close he could of smelled it.

Q: Have you had any chance to review Spy in PvE?
Chapter 7 really showed how terrible we are in both group and solo PvE and I would really like to do some of that content before I get started with chapter 8 content.

A: As I said, this release focuses on the new content. We have a pretty long list of stuff we want to address in the next updates.

Q: Two Questions DM:
1) I am hoping that those 4 new ships are in ADDITION to the gunships... As a pilot that hates multi player ships, I will be severely dissapointed if the solo player got left out.
2) We ahve been begging for months for some word on whether the Bwing and a few other ships will be fixed to make them PVP viable compared to the other commonly used ships. Can you please let us know whethter that was addressed or if our pleas fell on deaf ears again?

A: There will be a choice for the solo flyer. Once the chapter is on test we can focus in on some of the other requests of the space community, but I give no specific guarantees on any particular one. Nothing falls on deaf ears, but there are enough requests from the pilot community to keep my entire team busy for a year.

Q: Hey DM,
Is there any way to turn on trace logging for SWG?
I'm having some issues connecting with one of my machines.

A: You mean trace routing? We do not disable that. If you cannot do it, then I think the problem would be somewhere else in your connection to us. Firewall perhaps?

Q: DM, are their any plans to better integrate pilots into the GCW with Chapter 8? Strategically speaking, controlling access to the space around a planet is vastly more important than physically controlling the ground. Many of the factioned pilots really get chaffed at being awarded ground ranks/rewards and there being no meaningful pilot contribution.

A: No changes like this to the GCW in C8.

Q: Personal note
DM what are you getting paid?>? does the dev team receive bonus's for their work.. who evaluates you?
1 player getting an ackley out of the entire community is not good in comparison to the attempts.why do you think this is fair?
there's far more servers and players and 1 single player "almost getting it" ..
please discuss..is mutation factors being closed once for all or will you guys take a look at it once again...someday/month/week/year

A: This is one of the rarest mutations in the game. Once it is accomplished obviously it will become much more common. I do not apologize for making some content that is truly unique and challenging to achieve.

Q: If this does make the final cut and you can indeed be at the space station upon logging in, and heck, if this station had a Cantina.... all I've gotta say is:
DeadMeat... HAVE MY BABIES!

A: Wow Mr. Bubble...That thought truly scares me. Can you just maybe send me some kittens or something.

Q: Once on TC will the pilot skill be added to the frogs for those who normaly do not pilot on TC to test the new content? Also can you give us more info about any new ships that are not gunboats?

A: Yes...You should be able to become a master pilot and get components and prebuilt ships from the frogs.

Q: 4 new ships, 3 of which are gunboats, imp gunboat,nuetral and reb. And 1 solo ship....wow Iam really kinda disapointed, I was expecting the 3 gunboats and several new solo ships per faction, 2-3 per faction. I herd rumours that this new solo ship is the Jedi Starfighter, any truth there deadmeat.

Deadmeat on another note, and Ill try to keep in check, but why was there no feedback for awile from the dev team on whats going on. I dont expect a notice everday but its nice to hear from our dev team to see how this game is progressing. This game gets alot of flack almost each day, my question is this, when are we going to see some really out of this world content for this game, make this game a real competitor against these new upcomming games such as Startrek Online and a few others. Iam a big fan of the Starwars Universe, and like most players will say this game has alot of potential. And to be frank it just feels this game is going no where..no destiny. For instance WOW has 2 commercials out on tv, with two some what big stars, Why isnt this game advertised? I mean I can go on and on, are we really going to see some big changes soon to this game thats going to make it the leading MMO out there. I doubt ill get a response but hey, ill try.

A: I am not really a marketing person, but I am honestly not sure you have very realistic expectations about a game that has gone through a number of controversial changes over time. I can say that it is our intention to build on the game we have and we have no plans to make any radical changes to gameplay or major systems. We are focusing on content and key feature additions (like collections, heroics, etc.) that really add to the game, without changing it too much.

Q: Thank you very much for the info Mr. Meat. The things you mentioned all have a lot of potential to be very cool. A few questions:

1) Will the two bills (lesser used chassis changes & droid command speed increase) submitted by the pilot senator be implemented in CH8?

2) Are the 3 of the 4 new ships the gunships or did you mean 4 new fighters along with the new gunships?

3) Lastly, could you please clarify about the heroic encounter, is it a space encounter or does the pilot just ferry players to the encounter?

I'd be very grateful for any answers you can provide. Thanks for your time and hard work.

A: As I said, some additional things may be added in test, but this release will focus on the new content. I answered the ship question above: 3 Gunships, 1 fighter. The Heroic has both a space element and a ground game element.

Q: Not been touched much since JTL? Did you forget all the space content introduced with ROTW?

A: Yeah...OK. I should have said not been touched for a few years. My bad.

Q: Nor should you need to apologize for it. A game and it's player needs a long term goal.

Will that player Space Station be server specific or a meeting point for all server like had been proposed long, long ago?

A: While cool, we do not currently have the tech to do something like that. Such cross server play possibilities are a personal interest of mine, but there are a ton of hurdles to make it work.

Q: thats fine for having unique and challenging stuff.
however.. what if you've made the system so hard that no one will ever get it??
also.. you said it would be given away as a quest reward ...now has that changed>> in reference to the mutant ackley..
if it has changed..wouldnt it be nice to inform us that it has>?

A: <frantically looking for any quote from me where I said this>

If I did say this, then yes, it has changed.

Q: What about docking with other player ships or was that dropped

A: Hmmm...While a cool idea, I am pretty sure it was not on the feature list for C8. We do not support this yet.

Q: Can we have more new Heroic Encounter . I mean more more more more Just make MORE!!! " />

A: Oh yeah...We really like these. It allows us to craft some great content and maintain good control over the environment. We have a number of Heroics planned for next year that folks are really going to like I think.

Q: ROFL,
OOOO ok then DM its 4:38 pm in austin as the day closes i see you're drinking your spiked egg nog..
when can we except the 2008 producer's letter pertaining to the future of SWG?

A: Still working on planning for 2008. I will continue to focus more info on the near term things we are working on and will not publish comprehensive schedule for next year. This allows us to be pretty nimble. Our internal plans for 2007 were pretty much completely changed based on player feedback during the year. I will probably not put out anything until after the new year.

Q: in the OP, it saids that there will be some new space quests.... so i would presume...

also, will the Player Space Station be player owned, if so will it be crafted....

or will the PSS be a static space station

A: Think of it as a static city in space. No crafted space stations.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  11:20:22  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nevim jestl ito tam nekde je napsany.. nechce se mi to vse cist, ale ta nova instance bude Exar Kun

SWG, Europe-Farstar - Drom, Losos, Efiss, Casia' - R.I.P. SWG
Go to Top of Page

Shamirr

Pavucik

135 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  14:17:16  Show Profile Send Shamirr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ešte som to nevidel na živo, tak nechcem byť zbytočne negativistický, ale mám z toho skôr zlý pocit.

• Four new ships
3 GB a jeden fighter. GB sú fajn, určite si nejakú zaobstarám, ale krajne pochybujem, že by som ju využíval nejako intenzívne. A pokiaľ ten fighter bude Delta JSF, alebo, ešte horšie, Naboo starfighter, tak to je o ničom.

• Space Collections
Ak tam bude nejaká pekná odmena, budiž. Ale ak to bude - zabi 87612357 čiernošupináčov a získaš hrdý titul Blackscale exterminátor, tak to ma neinteresuje.

• New space quests
Uvidíme.

• A new Heroic Encounter
Zatiaľ to vyzerá tak, že pilot len odvezie bandu hráčov ku inštancii, tam vytiahnu šable flinty, zabijú XYZ, vyžerú odmenu a token na veci ktoré sú vo vesmíre zbytočné. Nejak z toho vypadol ten pilot...

• A player Space Station
Či prídem ku stanici a tá ma presunie do pozemného mesta, alebo do vesmírneho mesta, je mi srdečne ukradnuté. Pokiaľ to nebude nič viac, tak to zo space nemá nič spoločné.

Dúfam, že som len pesimista.

Nekropolis:
SWG: Shamirr Norrag (*10.6.2005 +9.7.2008) - Imperial Commando, Imperial Ace Pilot; Xandara Norrag (*11.8.2006 +9.7.2008) - Trader, Freelancer Pilot
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  14:26:07  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jses podle me to bude dobry a ta lod bude asi Virago (Xizorova osobni lodka)

Go to Top of Page

Almych
Average Member

To jsem ja

1691 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  13:43:02  Show Profile  Send Almych an ICQ Message Send Almych a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nejak jsem nepobral to, jak budou fungovat ty stanice. Je nekde blizsi info?
Go to Top of Page

Dreik

Darth Nihilus

363 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  17:00:41  Show Profile  Send Dreik an ICQ Message Send Dreik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Almych

Nejak jsem nepobral to, jak budou fungovat ty stanice. Je nekde blizsi info?

to ma bejt jako NPC mesto akorat ve vesmiru ne ?

Akhemar Sarin-Eclipse-AHC-Bounty Hunter
Lusankya Sarin-Eclipse-Entertainer
LotRO-Maraldir-Northmooor-champion
Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  20:04:21  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
tipujem, ze to bude nieco podobne ako Tansarii Point Station...mozno to bude mat aj ten isty layout (:

(Omnius Evermind)

Go to Top of Page

Almych
Average Member

To jsem ja

1691 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  22:57:23  Show Profile  Send Almych an ICQ Message Send Almych a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hm, tak to nic moc, ja mel predstavu, ze si clovek koupi deed a postavi volne ve vesmiru svoji pidistanici, neco jako barak
mohli udelat neco na zpusob guild hall, lidi by k tomu prilepili svuj dil a vznikla by velka stanice
Go to Top of Page

Dromedarr

Empire

629 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  01:16:25  Show Profile  Visit Dromedarr's Homepage  Send Dromedarr an ICQ Message Send Dromedarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

hm, tak to nic moc, ja mel predstavu, ze si clovek koupi deed a postavi volne ve vesmiru svoji pidistanici, neco jako barak
mohli udelat neco na zpusob guild hall, lidi by k tomu prilepili svuj dil a vznikla by velka stanice

to je dobrej napad, ale tezko realizovatelny :) navic jakkoli zasahovat do vesmiru barakama je jako stavet na kashyyyku

Go to Top of Page

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  09:21:14  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no kraftena stanica to nebude...DM to napisal v poslednej Q&A:

Q: in the OP, it saids that there will be some new space quests.... so i would presume...

also, will the Player Space Station be player owned, if so will it be crafted....

or will the PSS be a static space station

A: Think of it as a static city in space. No crafted space stations.

(Omnius Evermind)

Go to Top of Page

Dreik

Darth Nihilus

363 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  13:09:29  Show Profile  Send Dreik an ICQ Message Send Dreik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

njn dyz pak si vem ze by si letel a vsude by byli stanice .. jak kdyz jedes po Tattooine

Akhemar Sarin-Eclipse-AHC-Bounty Hunter
Lusankya Sarin-Eclipse-Entertainer
LotRO-Maraldir-Northmooor-champion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,15 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000