Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Producer Note (29.06.2007): C7, Bugbash a ine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2007 :  05:37:44  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=389012

Hi Folks,

Well we have finally have the house packup event going and aside from the first few hours of load on the DB servers, it seems to have gone OK. I know that there were a few issues with folks getting more houses than the original cap and we have tried to put some fixes in place. Most of these issues were caused by the DB lag so hopefully we will not be seeing them much. We are looking at continuing this in the future and also reintroducing some changes to move condemned houses to abandoned status, cleaning up houses placed by trial accounts, etc. so there should be plenty of opportunities going forward to earn your packup rewards and badges.

We have a hot fix we have planned for next Tuesday to address some issues and we will be moving the bug bash changes onto the Test Center. There are quite a number of fixes here and some enhancements so I think you will be happy when this moves to live. We also had a design review for Chapter 7 with LucasArts and we will be putting out some details on that as well soon. I think Blix and his team have outdone themselves on this one and I hope this Chapter will be as anticipated as the last. I hope that we will see a lot of folks at the upcoming SOE Fan Faire in Vegas in August as we will be doing some exclusive reveals on Chapter 7 there.

Have a great weekend!

Lorin W. Jameson, Producer, Star Wars Galaxies
DeadMeat

PS: Here is a sneak peek at some of the bug bash stuff coming to TC next week. These are just a few of the changes:

Gameplay:

/follow can only be used on player characters

/assist now takes an optional parameter for the name of the character to /assist, so you no longer have to target the character you want to /assist. /assist without any parameter still works as usual, which is to /assist the character you have targeted

Different classes now get different stats, rather then everyone getting 90 or 0 in everything

Wookiee Shoulder Pads now use the left shoulder slot

Players can now join groups if they are in stealth

Added purple color to the Mandalorian color palette

Altered Force Melon to act as a healing stim item

Imperial Battle and Imperial Super Battle Droids found patrolling Theed will no longer attack Rebels on Leave

Updated descriptions of Dread Strike and Advanced Ambush

Added a check to see if a player was mounted when trying to place a camp

Players must now be within range of the creature they wish to start milking

You must now be within 10m of a lair in order to search it

Monster AI will no longer ignore players with more than 10 levels difference between them

Added stat change notifications as a player gains levels

Aqualish vendors can no longer wear hats which were causing their heads to disappear

Old loot crates that cannot be opened have been removed

Instant Travel Vehicle (all factions) no longer gives "Purchase Ticket" option if player is attempting to use while dead.

Rebel Twi'leks can now see their lekku when equipping the Grey Spec Ops Armor Helmet

Fixed an issue where the cooldown timer would appear to stop for a factional period of time and then resume

Synapse Focus Crystal can no longer be used without a bio-link and cannot be used by anyone else but the bio-link player

Trandoshans can now wear Rebel Assault Forest Camouflage Gloves

AT-STs no longer drop creature body parts

Wookiee vendors can now wear the Padawan robe

Fixed an issue that made Jedi unable to wear dynamically created Jedi-only armor clothing

Characters now only receive "LEVEL UP" special effects when the character levels up

Altered the icon for the Cure Affliction immunity buff so it matches the icon for the command button

'Structure Status' on player structures will now show the structure's maximum storage capacity

Crystal Buff will be removed when you exit the Obi-Wan instance

Loot schematics should no longer give player the "Learn Schematic" radial if not in a player inventory

Increased datapad limits to 105

Added Remote Player Association Access Devices to all players’ datapads

Holopet emitters can now be manipulated by players in the structure admin list

Holopet emitters can no longer be manipulated in a player inventory and must be in a valid player structure to be turned on or off, receive Holopet sisks, and to name Holopets

You can now specify a file name to edit using the /notepad command. The .txt extension will be automatically appended to the file name you specify. The name of the current /notepad file will be displayed in the window title of the /notepad window

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 02/07/2007 11:57:18

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2007 :  05:38:15  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

Q: So nothing until at least september? Have you guys really lost that many devs?

A: It takes a while to do these mini-expansions. We do not actually have a firm date set for C7 release, but yeah, I would think it will be at least September.

Q: Would these "mini-expansions" by chance be the "add-on" Nancy McIntyre referred to months ago, slated for June 2007? Or are you referring to the publishes?

A: Didn't mean to cause confusion. I was characterizing the Chapters as "mini-expansions"...I won't do that again SMILEY:)...I can see how it could cause me some future headaches.

Q: Crud, beat out by 14 seconds. After four years I thought I actually had my first, first. Oh well, I do have a question. DM wrote:

Trandoshans can now wear Rebel Assault Forest Camouflage Gloves

Does this fix only impact this specific item or can Trands now wear all gloves/boots? I know there was a post indicating that a fix was in the works for the Trands not being able to wear gloves/boots and was wondering if this was said fix. This fix has been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to being on par with other species in regards to SEAs. Thanks!

A: This is just for the Rebel Assault gloves for now.

Q: Nice, so does this mean all the profession tweaks and "origins" stuff is going in with the bug patch? Or is that CH7 stuff? Looking forward to seeing what all will be included with CH7.

A: Origins is C7 at this point. There will be some prof tweaks in the bug bash release.

Q: Seriously though, please tell me you have some wookiee love in your sights........ as in giving us some gloves and boots to wear with our jedi robes!?

Also, any word on legacy loot that is still broken (like NS vibro motors for example.............. and possibly putting the NS bracer back in as rare loot?)

A: Wookiee's will never wear boots or gloves (they are Wookiees for god sake), but we do have some ideas to give them the equivalent slots. No timeframe right now.

Lots of loot and content fixes in the big bash. Not sure about the vibro motors though.

Q: Will there be a strong focus and effort on fixing other bugs we post in the patch notes thread when this hits TC? And/or should we continue to use the in-game bug reporting tool?

A: Yes, we try and fix bugs before moving on. The best way to get them into the bug DB is still through the in-game tool.

Q: I thought the plan was to deliver new publishes every 8 weeks? This would give us potentially *four* months between publishes.

How do you expect to hold on to the recent subscription gains if the publishes are so infrequent?

A: Some things you simply cannot do that fast. We will have some interim goodies and such to keep things interesting. It took three months to get C6 out and I think it was worth it. We will always set the schedule based on what we are looking to get in the game and sometimes that will be longer than 8 weeks.

Q: Reposting this as it seems likeyou pasted by my post on first page (since I edited it)

First I want to say that I am really looking forward to Chapter 7! But have some questions:

- Since bugbash are being released on TC next week, will we then have to wait until chapter 7 goes live before they will arrieve on Live servers?
- "Increased datapad limits to 105" Nice change but why increase it with 5? why not 10 or more?
- Since Datapad size have been increased, are there any plans on increasing inventory size then?
- I personally thought that there would be that "scale-down-particle-efffects" option, have this been left out in this "preview" or will it be a part of Chapter 7?
- Since we first will get "exclusive reveals" on SOE summit in August, when can we then expect Chapter 7 to go live?

Well just some questions SMILEY:)
Thanks for info!

A: Bug bash will go to Live after it has had enough testing on the TCs. that will probably take a week or two.

The 105 change is for internal technical reasons, but since it would be noticed we made sure to make it public. There may be inventory size changes in C7 to support the Accomplishment System.

Particle Effect scaling is still hoped for C7, as always.

Not sure on a date for C7. We are tasking it out now, but as i said, I think it looks like September at this point.

Q: You can only /follow player characters

Just curious, why was that changed?

A: Heheh...I am sure folks that this may effect know the reasons why.

Q: Should the We also had a design review for Chapter 7 with LucasArts part scare me as much as the introduction of the NGE?? I really mean this as a honost question and not a bash, are we looking at yet another total game redesign??

Also while i can see why the NS bracer wouldnt be put back in, it would be nice if the NS queen once again dropped the schematic and the vibro motors for the Nightsister Energy Lance. Also making her spawn more then once per server restart would be nice since some of use work during those hours.

A: Nothing to fear here. We review chapter designs with our partners for every publish.

Q: I will asume the /follow command change is so people will stop following their patrolling droids?

However, this is an issue when trying to follow someone on a vehicle or mount, as they are alomst impossible to target, unless they are a red dot, in whoch you just use the tab key.

A: Following of other players is not effected.

Q: I will asume the /follow command change is so people will stop following their patrolling droids?

However, this is an issue when trying to follow someone on a vehicle or mount, as they are alomst impossible to target, unless they are a red dot, in whoch you just use the tab key.

A: You can always specify the name of toon to /follow, if you find it hard to target the toon.

Q: I saw the mentioning of AFK foraging, but will this affect space and being able to follow your beast (having a medic with a beast, I like to stay close to him so I can heal him efficently).

A: The /follow change does not apply to /follow in space.

Q: 1/2 the question answered there...
I am guessing that means no you cant follow a BM pet as SkeeSkee asked?

A: No, the /follow change means you cannot follow a BM pet. Yes, the /follow change was made because of the /forage exploit. I'll talk with DM/Blix next week about undoing the /follow change and changing /forage instead to address the /forage exploit (no promises, since BM/Blix makes the final call on this). It would have taken more work to change /forage, and we felt the /follow change would address the /forage exploit with much less work, and the change would have minimal impact. I guess we were wrong. More people use /follow to follow NPCs than we had anticipated.

Q: Synapse Focus Crystal can no longer be used without a bio-link and cannot be used by anyone else but the bio-link player

So Synapse Focus Crystals will have a biolink option when this hits Live, meaning they will still be tradeable after this patch until a player bio-links them? Sorry, just need to clarify...

A: Correct.

Q: Monster AI will no longer ignore players with more than 10 levels difference between them

This 1 will probably get you back into the "dog-house" if nothing else than by traders.

When can we expect to see the changes/fixes on C6 combat? Jedi strenght mod, elites, etc. etc.? Also, particle effects and lag?

A: There are a number of content fixes and updates in the release.

Q: Allso for lag?:O

A: We are always looking for ways to improve performance, but lag is not a single issue. I doubt that there will ever be a patch note that says: "- Lag fixed."

Q: PLEASE send the "monster AI not ignoring you if you're +/- 10 levels" fix back for reconsideration!

The whole reason it was put in in the first place, IIRC, is so that you're not constantly drawn into combat with creatures 55 levels below you when you're out cruising on Rori or Talus or another planet that's really below your level. Its going to be a huge nuisance trying to do anything - forage, travel, resourcing, grinding higher level mobs, etc - when all the chubas and squalls out there suddenly develop delusions of grandeur and think they can take on a PC 2.5x their level....

A: I should clarify here...This does not mean that they will aggro you per se, but rather they will stop ignoring you completely (meaning they would not aggro you even if you starting walloping on them). It was a bug in a formula that was fixed. This does not change the aggro rules in general.

Q: Monster AI will no longer ignore players with more than 10 levels difference between them

I think this is the return of the annoyance for many people, less chance for non combat players to stay out of combat or wear normal clothes, issues with lairs in front of houses and vendors.... the little rabid nunnas biting our wrinkles again? please, consider the non combat players, not everyone in this game enjoys wearing an armor all the time and a gun to get rid of anything outside their houses or cities, or a pet to watch their backs when surveying on Naboo.

I'm ok with it, I use armor in everyone of my toons and good weapponry too, but some people just don't consider "aggro" fun or challenging.

A: Long story short this was a legacy issue that arose from a number not being updated from CU--->NGE. During the CU era anything that was 10 levels lower than you, aggro range would drop down to near 0. This is because anything 10 levels below you was a Grey conning mob. This is no longer the case, a mob 10 levels lower than you currently is Still Blue conning.

Teesquared and I were running the Geonosian Bunker and would jump up and down ontop of blue conning mobs(those spiders near the end) who wouldn't aggro on us and it was one of those "huh I wonder what is going on here?" Basically their aggro range was set to 0.0 due to the 10 level difference thing, as one would imagine this is pretty lame. Mobs do not go grey to players these days until they are 20 levels below you at 90.

This does mean Greys have the potential to aggro on you now if you go stand next to them and jump up and down on their heads. "Trader's friend" is indeed your friend for grey conning mobs if you need to drop a harv or get to your factory.

It looks like DM exposed about 1/6th the amount of Patchnotes, later on there is one about Trandos having access to all boots n gloves. Enjoy!

Q: Dont know if anyone posted this yet, but:

can you please make /assist bidirectional again? (ie. you target a mob during a fight and /assist him, to get his current target)
This would be a very great help to any medic out there.

Thanks.

A: /assist now takes an optional parameter for the name of the character to /assist, so you no longer have to target the character you want to /assist. /assist without any parameter still works as usual, which is to /assist the character you have targeted

Q: So i can target a Mob, do Assist and will get the mob's current target?

A: No...I was just noting that we have made some additions to assist. There are some issues, from a design and gameplay perspective to implementing what you are describing. NPCs can change targets all of the time.

Q: What about free server transfers or server consolidations? there are around 15 "light" servers and this is not funny :l

A: There is some movement on some sort of free CTS event as well but nothing I can report. As I have promised previously there will be no forced server merges in 2007.

Q: Can you at least definately say a free CTS will not happen before C7?

A: Um...I think the answer is no. Meaning it could happen before C7.

Q: Are there any plans to upgrade the servers? Sunrunner gets crazy amounts of server lag during huge battles. We also have a ton of players transfering to sunrunner from other servers, plus vets are coming back every day. If there are no immediate plans, then do you think something will be done if the population keeps increasing the way it is?

(Just to clarify, it is not FPS lag.)

A: Huge battles do cause some lag I know and we hope to improve that. New hardware is always a possibility as well as better process distribution across our current metal, but hot spots can always occur and it is a pain when it does.

Q: Excuse me DM, but i thought the whole point of gutting the game the way you guys did was to get content out to us faster, and now you are telling us that a skinny chapter is going to take 4-5 months? You have got to be joking, Beast Master in all its glory, but the actual high-level content (Azure Cabal) was absolutely meager and worthless. These chapters take far too long for whats actually included imho.

Get your stuff into gear for gods sake...

A: September is a little over two months away. Chapter 6 took about three months, and we think that Chapter 7 will take as long.

Q: CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS
CARBINE BOLT ANIMATIONS

PLease !!!!!!!!!

Also I dont see any reason for this, its an item that can no longer be obtained and by not allowing buying and selling of the item new players will not be able to aquire them. What next biolink on the old nightsister energy lances and mando? Why more biolink ?>WHY? I assume there is an exploit that allows multiple people to use it but i dont think biolink is the answer

Synapse Focus Crystal can no longer be used without a bio-link and cannot be used by anyone else but the bio-link player

A: Heh...The Carbine animation is my personal crusade. And I have not found the issue yet...And i am pissed.

Bugs will always be fixed when we can. The Focus Crystal being used by folks who did not do the quest obtain it is a bug. Pretty simple there.

Q: Updated descriptions of Dread Strike and Advanced Ambush

Updating just the descriptions or the effect of the abilities themselves?

A: The abilities themselves were updated too, and are listed in other notes that weren't included in this tiny teaser snippet.

Q: Is bounty hunter possibly getting looked at in your "class tweaks"?

A: Bounty Hunter 'Tweaks' were listed a while ago: Balance is an ongoing process. With the recent PvE changes and the upcoming high end content we're planning we've been looking at the all the classes and we'll continue making tweaks here and there. With that said the following changes are pending for Bounty Hunter expertise:

Cooldown on Shields reduced to three minutes.
The debuff applied by Advanced Ambush will also reduce the target's armor.
Dread Strike will also reduce the target's ability to heal.
Power Assisted Sprint will break/prevent snares.
The amount of glancing blow provided by BH buff and debuff abilities increased slightly.
All abilities usuable with melee.

We'll probably also change the functionality of Antagonize from a "taunt" type ability to something more appropriate for taking down marks.

Yes, those are included.

Q: Will exotic mods get fixed?

A: This is included so all exotic mods will work properly with both SEAs and PuPs.

Q: What about loot table?

Some changes in it?

A: Several loot improvements. Short/random sampling of the list:

Elites generally won't drop junk. Boss level mobs will generally drop better stuff. Better distribution of junk loot drops so there will less cases of ultra-common (yay hyperdrives!) and ultra-rare junk (yay med console!).

Q: For months, if not years, we always used to see patches hitting TC with just a single patch note "improved server stability"

A: Those were to address the frequent crashes that we had for months/years. I for one am darn glad that we don't put out those notes anymore - gives me more time work on other stuff in SWG.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Edited by - robiwan on 02/07/2007 11:54:03
Go to Top of Page

Shamirr

Pavucik

135 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  07:32:32  Show Profile Send Shamirr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chapter 7 bude najskôr až v septembri. Takže Ch.8 najskôr na Vianoce, alebo až budúci rok .

Nekropolis:
SWG: Shamirr Norrag (*10.6.2005 +9.7.2008) - Imperial Commando, Imperial Ace Pilot; Xandara Norrag (*11.8.2006 +9.7.2008) - Trader, Freelancer Pilot
Go to Top of Page

Jorssk

jorssk2

2991 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  12:28:02  Show Profile  Visit Jorssk's Homepage  Send Jorssk an ICQ Message Send Jorssk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To je drsný :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,16 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000