Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Free Trial Account Restrictions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2007 :  06:20:40  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=366979#4056285

Hi Folks,

I wanted to write a quick note here to explain some of the changes we have instituted with regards to the free trial accounts. As many as you have noted, we have had a large upswing in the number of 'credit spammers' in the game, advertising their credit farming websites, etc. This is not a problem unique to Star Wars to be sure, but something that all MMO's have had to deal with over the years. Without commenting in general about credit farming, we certainly do not want our players to be harassed by these folks, nor do we wish to have their Star Wars role playing immersion be ruined by such blatant non-Star Wars behavior.

Practically all of this spamming has been done through our free trial program. Our plan had been to address this immediately following the house pack-up event with a number of restrictions and alterations to the free trial. With the house pack-up running late and the spamming problem getting worse, we decided to activate the old restrictions on the trials immediately in order to end the harassment of our players. The net result was of course that free trials could no longer leave Tansari Station.

Our free trial program is incredibly successful and we do not want to keep these restrictions in place very long. We are working now on more focused restrictions that deal very specifically with those folks using the trial for nefarious commerce. These should be in place soon, and we will lift the embargo on trials and allow them to once again enjoy as much of the game as is reasonable without the ability to negatively effect our paying customers. This will include the ability to travel to the other locations in the galaxy. Folks in the trials are our future comrades and friends (well, some may become your enemy I suppose...But in a good way SMILEY8)), and we should welcome them.

There were a small number of verteran players in trials as well that were impacted by this, and we do apologize for the inconvienece. Rest assured that anyone who lost items due to being forced back to the station will have those items returned if they move to subscribed status.

Once again, we will be putting systems in place that will allow you to play with friends who are trying out the game. This is a great way to introduce someone to Star Wars which and we feel it is very important to facilitate this. These changes are fast tracked at this point and should be coming very soon.

Thanks,

DeadMeat
Lorin Jameson, SOE Producer, Star Wars Galaxies

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2007 :  06:21:23  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otázky a odpovede:

Odkazy:
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=15&topic_id=366979#4058164
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=366979#4058593

Q: ok i have a question about this. i have a launch vet toon that has come back for a visit and i've just transferred my crafting house to her so I can utilize her +200 deed. Does this mean my house with all my resources will be deleted? and when is this planned so I can transfer that house back if necessary? You've got me panic'd here.

A: The deletion occurs when you toon is warped to Tansari and is limited only to things that are carried on your toon. Your house sitting in the world (and the stuff in it) should not be affected. We have a fix to stop the deletion that will be pushed to live soon. CS is/will be busily undeleting those items that got deleted.

Also, the deletion is limited to just worn items and items in inventory. That is, any items that get deleted will be items that you are wearing or items in your inventory.

Odkaz: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=366979#4060762

Q: Wow here is another question for ya DEVH. I was trying to get my sister into the game through 14 day trialer. She was warped to the station. She was very intrested in making pets and playijng around with them. So I did by her 2 incubators and placed them down in my guild hall for her. But before she could get those pets out of incubation she was warped back to tansari station. So this now leave me with 2 active incubators i can not destroy nor can i pick up or even get what is in there out. What do I do about that????

Preety funny actually i know how I love picking on my little sister with tricks and stuff but it does leave me with 2 incubators i cant do a thing with lol.

A: Once we get this issue resolved, she should be able to get back down on the ground and the 2 pets will be nice and baked for her, so my recommendation is to be nice to your sister and leave the 2 incubators there so she'll have the pets to play with when she gets back down on the ground.

Besides, I have no idea what else you can do with those 2 incubators. Maybe Loche would know. Hope he's reading.

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,08 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000